A walk with my girls


If you've been with me through my blog journey
then you'll remember these cuties.

This photo was taken around the time I started my first AOL Journal.
I miss that old journal
Remember waaaaaaaaay back when you had to use the html code to add photos?
I don't think I could do that again if I tried.


Now those sweet girls are young women carving their own path in this world.
Michelle is 26 and Sally is 18 and although we joke about never being empty nesters..
In reality we are happy that we still have both girls home with us.
It's a hard and scary world out there.


This was many years ago when we were attempting to make a titanic cake.
Michelle, who was about 16,  couldn't fit the word titanic on the cake so she wrote TiTs.
After a whole lot of laughing..  we sank that gross Tits cake right in the garbage can.



On Sunday,  since we missed boot camp,  we took the boys for a nice long walk through the woods.
I love that they still get excited at the idea of mom tagging along.
I'm also pretty sure they are making fun of me half of the time. 



And I love,  that even though they are a long 7 years apart,  that these girls are the best of friends.

This was the summer before Sally started high school.
The night before the photo was taken Michelle had broken up with a boyfriend and I remember listening to her little sister offer advice and thinking..  " How does she know this stuff?"
I'm pretty sure her advice was way better then my "you should've kicked him in the..."   advice.



During our walk,  I just kept thing about how they've grown up to be amazing young women and although,
we as their parents are their greatest teachers,
it is them who are still teaching us every day.

I love this shot that I got of sally with Sharky.



Baby Sharky was Sally's 10th birthday present and the two of them love each other so much.  Sharky still follows his mom everywhere she goes.

Here they are on a boat ride about 7 years ago...


Cute right!


Back to our walk..
As you can see,  the furry boys found a creek to have some fun in.
Stanley is 8 months now.. and such a character!



A few days later and needless to say, 
my Jeep still smells like wet dog.


This was fun..
walking with the girls,
laughing at the dogs
and taking a tiny stroll down memory lane along the way.

💖


Happy Wednesday!!!


Comments

  1. Such good to memories to make and have to look back on.

    Hope you are doing well, my friend!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts