A beautiful winter walk around the beach


Although we haven't had a lot of snow,  I feel like it's been colder than usual in our part of Maryland this season.  Our furnace has been running nonstop.  
Yesterday was a nice 50' day...  still chilly,  but much better than it has been.   Since Sally had the day off ,  she and I took a drive down to Rocky Point Park to take in some fresh air and some beautiful winter landscapes.

We took our shoes off and walked the beach side first...    


we even put our feet in the icy water.
Not for long though...
it was so cold that it hurt.


I couldn't stop noticing how clear the water was.
Paul said that it is more clear in the winter time because all of the salt sinks and rests on the bottom.  







We watched a pair of seagulls catch their lunch.




Sally couldn't not stand on the ice.
I admit,  it is so tempting.


This guy however...
He was in there using a shovel and another tool to break the ice.
Why?
I'm still asking that question.



On the other side of the park is the creek where we launch our boat and the paddleboard.






I don't think I'll be taking my board out here anytime soon.
There are layers upon layers of ice.






The water is like glass...
It would be a perfect day for a little ride to the island.


"Iceburg straight ahead!"




See that land behind me...
That's our island. 


 we are getting closer and closer to sitting on that beach.
Summer is now closer then it is far away. 
( make sense out of that.. lol)





Below is my favorite photo taken yesterday.


Sally and I swore that we would come again soon...
and next time,  we will pack a lunch and have a picnic at this table.
Such a perfect seat.


I hope that you enjoyed coming along on the winter walk with us.
I love being able to appreciate the beauty in all seasons.
Winter certainly has it's own.

Have a great Day!

Comments

  1. Beautiful pictures! I never thought of that...salt sinking...smart guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking us along. There's a park nearby that I like to visit at different times of the year. The first sure sign of spring is seeing the turtles come out to sun themselves on rocks. So much beauty in every season. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great day:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful collection of photos to remember your day at the beach! I love the beach and have been itching to take a trip. Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pics!
    One of the best reasons to live where we live is that we
    get to experience all four seasons.
    It's been really cold here too. But we might be in the 60's tomorrow!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts