Spinach Lasagnia Roll ups

 So,  it's the end of April and it is still cold in Baltimore.
Have I mentioned that I am over winter!!!!
GOOOOO AWAAAY!
 
How am I supposed to complete my spring bucket list when It feels like January!
 
***
 
I always seem to cook and order the same boring things over and over again,
So part of my spring bucket list has been to try new foods.
I've been experimenting with all kinds of things.
I even tried Sushi for the first time.
No.. not the raw fishy stuff.  I draw the line there.
I believe my girls called it a California roll and I actually liked it.
I liked that green horseradishy goo that they served with it the best!
 
I've even been trying new drinks..    Mint lemonade.
I'd never even thought to put mint in lemonade.
It's soooo good.
 
And how about a cotton candy Mojito...
 
 
And this Strawberry Basil Margarita had to be one of the best margarita's that I've ever had.
It tastes like summertime!
 
 
Those drinks aren't agreeing with my weight watcher point counting...
but hey,  we only live once right!
 
While searching Pinterest for ideas I came across this gem.
If you like spinach ... and love spinach dip,
then you will love this recipe! 
 
We destroyed it!
 


The recipe' and instructions are below but I wanted to mention that in all of the times that I have made regular lasagna,  I have never let the noodles cool before working with them.
Letting them sit and cool made preparing this dish so easy!
 I will never work with a hot noodle again!!!!

 


 
 
 
 
 

Ingredients:

  • 8 uncooked lasagna noodles
  • 8 oz brick of 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
  • ½ cup fat free sour cream
  • 1 cup 2% shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided
  • 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
  • 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
  • ½ cup drained canned artichoke hearts packed in brine or water, chopped (around half a 14 oz can)
  • 15 oz jar light alfredo sauce ( Classico light alfredo)

Directions:


  1. Pre-heat the oven to 350. Lightly mist a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
  2. Boil and salt a large pot of water and cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions. Drain, rinse with cold water to cool and lay noodles out to dry.
  3. In a mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, sour cream, ½ cup of the shredded Mozzarella, the Parmesan, garlic, black pepper, spinach and chopped artichokes and stir together until well mixed. When the noodles are dry, spoon a heaping 1/3 cup of the mixture onto each lasagna noodle and spread across the surface. Starting with one end, roll the noodle over the filling until it becomes a complete roll. Repeat with all noodles.
  4. Spoon 1/3 cup of the alfredo sauce into the prepared baking dish and spread across the bottom. Place the lasagna rolls seam down in the dish and spoon or pour the remaining sauce over top. Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of shredded Mozzarella over the tops of the rolls. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Emilybites.com

I think that some diced tomatoes would be a great addition to this recipe.
Yum yum and yum.


After 3 weather related postponements,  the new roof is scheduled to go on this weekend. 
  I'm excited to get it done.
 It's going to look so good and the 50 year warranty..( yes 50) is a great selling feature.
.... And I will finally be able to set up the deck and patio.
~  which honestly has been driving me a little crazy. 
I need instant gratification.  : )

Hopefully I will be back early in the week with some outside photos.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

 

Comments

  1. California rolls are my kind of sushi (sans the green gooey stuff -- too spicey!) Those drinks look sooo good, especially the strawberry basil margarita. I am off 'fun drinks' for a little while, due to having my gall bladder out, which is going to make the first part of summer kind of tough. Summer is G&T season around here. What's a girl to do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!!!!
    These sound amazing!
    Thanks so much for the recipe.
    I bookmarked it for later this week. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an amazing meal, I've been craving spinach lately! Best of luck with the roof:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've made spinach roll ups before and we all like them here at my house too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh honey, I love spinach and will definitely be making this very soon:) Enjoy your day, hope it is a bright sunshiny day where you are! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmmmm....delicious....have a Nice sunday....i am going to jake lasagne ...mmmm i love it ❤️💋

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts