A roof and some water

 
 Good Morning and Happy Monday!!
 
I'm really hoping to see some sunshine today so that I can get some stuff done outside.
 
Thursday the roofers arrived bright and early.   I believe the temperature was somewhere in the mid 90's ~  which I can't imagine how those guys get up there and do what they do in the heat.   I filled a cooler with a case of bottled water and ice hoping that it would help them out.
Paul stayed home and supervised the dogs while Michelle and I took the inflatable Kayak out for our first trip on the water this year.
 
It was nice and calm inside of the creek that flows between the golf course.
When I take the paddle board through there I am always afraid of being a golf ball target.
 
 
 
Although it was hot,  the wind forecast was higher than I would prefer.   Normally I would have stayed close by the shoreline..  but we were feeling a little adventurous , and decided to go across to the island.   

On the real boat it takes about 5 mins...   when paddling it takes close to an hour to get there.    It's  best early in the morning when there aren't many boats around.  

Since there is a small ( military I think) airport nearby we often see teams of  A-10 jets fly over.  Sometimes they are so close that you can see the pilot in the cockpit.  You wave at them and they tip their wing back at you ~  it's very cool.
On this day we watched a pair of helicopters..  which,  you'd think we'd be desensitized,  but we still have to stop and watch them fly past.

If Paul were here he would tell you the exact name of them.  Me..  I would just say, " cool! look! Army Helicopters!!
 


  Don't worry..   we put on life vests on before we crossed the channel area.  


   Once you are tucked in front of the shore line the water calms..   This is about the point where I would normally jump in to cool down.  But not yet..  the water is still toooo cold!!

Last year I jumped in sometime in april ,  I was in the middle of nowhere and well..  I had to pee.  The first impact just about knocked the breath out of me.   


We paddled over to the farther, more popular section of the island.  This is the same beach that we used to bring our girls to.  It's so strange...  Michelle was 3 and sally was just 8 months.  Now,  there I was, 24 years later, sitting on the beach having lunch with my 27 year old daughter.  


      I'm happy to see that the water is much clearer than I remember.


    Here's my pretty girl.   She and I did a lot of laughing as we struggled to paddle home.  The wind and waves were giving us a serious workout!!   Unfortunately Sally had to work and couldn't join us...   I'm hoping that maybe she and I can get out next weekend sometime. 



When we got home the roofers were working in full force.  Most of the upper roof was scraped off and down to bare wood.   A lot of which was rotten and needed replaced. 
 
 
 
 
 
The soffit and trim also needed replaced.
You would not believe the size of the squirrel nest that was in the soffit next to the chimney.
Sadly a family of Squirrels,  Starlings, and hornets all needed to find new homes.
 
 
 It took them 2 days to finish and we love it.
 
Of course it's been cold and rainy since they finished so we haven't been able to get outside and neaten things up.
 
 Check out these after photos that the contractor took with his drone. 
 
 
It's kinda cool seeing the house from this view.
it's so small... yet on the inside,  when I am cleaning it..
it's too big. lol


 
Nice right!
They did a great job!
 
Next up..
Windows. 

This is fun to look at..
 
This is the old photo that is on Google maps
 
 
And now.
 
 
I'm so happy with the color choices!  
not to drastic but enough to stand out.
 
And our green barricade..  it's working.
 
 
The sun is shining and I am about to head outside to do some touch up painting on the deck. 
Have a wonderful Monday everyone!!!


 

Comments

  1. The house looks great, I'm lovin' the color choices!!! Also glad you finally got out on the water for a bit-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to you and your beautiful daughter for your kayak adventure! Glad you're satisfied with the roofers'work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really looked like quite a workout. Not sure if I could do it...but the island looked nice. We had to put a new roof on this year...not fun. They actually took one day because they were afraid it was going to snow. So glad they did. Yours looks nice! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. The time spent with your daughter looked so fun! It is wonderful how the relationship changes as our daughters grow, right???
    Your house looks beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great.
    Love the photo from the drone!!

    Have fun.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your roof looks great. Glad it is finally done and you are pleased. Wow it is so hot by you already.
    I'm looking forward to getting some paddling in this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty cool with drone photos and your color choices, nice. Always trying to figure out what part of the country you live in, esp. since you said it's in the 90's. We have the heat on today here in Chicago area. Good post! Enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet sweet house you have - it does look like a good size from the drone. How many square feet is it? What a wonderful kayak day you two had as well ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts