Summer day on the river

 
Happy July 1st!!!
 
 Grab a tube and join me and Michelle as we float downstream.


















 







 
Hope that you enjoyed the ride!
Isn't it beautiful?
This was yesterday and as relaxing as it looks.. 
I gotta tell you,  I am still a little sore this morning.
The ride started with a few mile hike upstream.
The walk wouldn't have been so bad if we weren't lugging the giant tubes that we rented.
Since I've been slacking on exercise lately.. 
 by the time we reached the river opening my arms and legs were burning.   
But that's ok ..  because the ride downstream is going to be super relaxing.
Not!
Yes,  Michelle and I were those people.. 
the ones who packed a lunch and brought books to read during the 2.5 hour ride back down.
 
Between dodging people, rocks, branches and the riverbank,  there is no time to read a book.
Infact, our books along with our snacks and Michelle's phone were soaked !
(Michelle's phone is still resting in a bag of rice this morning ~  fingers crossed!)
 
Although it wasn't the low stress adventure that we were expecting,
it was fun...
We were outdoors and most importantly, we were laughing.
 
*
 
Today, Paul and I are going to visit his mom and take her to lunch.
I'm kinda feeling pizza and I am hoping that I can talk them into it.
 
 
Tomorrow Paul and I are planning to take the boat out for a few hours.

This summer weather has been so strange that we haven't had it out yet..
needless to say,  Paul is very anxious to get out.
 
Hope that you all are having a great weekend.
Happy July!!!!!
 
 

Comments

  1. With all that water, greenery, tubes' movement, people around - you 've planned to read a book?! Oh, sorry, but it seems rather hard to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha...yeah, I don't know what we were thinking. : )

      Delete
  2. It looks like it was so relaxing, I was so surprised to see that it was not. The most important thing though was that it was fun and that's all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely view along the river. We have a huge tube that we are suppose to use in our big river...but have to postpone now since having my mom here to recovery. Great way to beat the heat. Too bad you were unable to read your books. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed that you hiked lugging those tubes. I would have given up at the start! It looks like a beautiful area. Have fun on the boat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah !!....summer summer summer time!!!...enjoy...we live next to a river...lot of boats today...love Ria x 💜

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still, it sounds like a fun time. You sure had great weather for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you gals had fun!
    Enjoy your boat trip.

    Can you believe it is July???

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see your blog daily, it is crispy to study.
    Your blog is very useful for me & i like so much...
    Thanks for sharing the good information!
    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts