First week of August



Good morning!
Happy Saturday.
 
I'm sitting on my porch looking outside at the sky and it looks like it is going to rain AGAIN.
It's rained every single day for a week this summer.
ok, not every day ... but it sure feels like it.
 
It's rained so much that there are warnings to boaters and swimmers to stay out of the Chesapeake bay due to the amount of debris and funk that is in the water.
 
So,  I've been trying to keep busy with inside activities for most of the week.
I did however, enjoy two daughter dates this week..
the first was a breakfast date with Sally,
and the next was a shopping trip with Michelle.
I'll show you what I bought at the end of this post.
 
Paul has been working extra days,  august will be a busy month for him but with having some home repairs and other expenses coming up..  the overtime will come in handy.
 
Here are a few things that have been happening around the house this week.
 
I started and finished Gillian Flynn's Sharp Objects.
She is a great story teller...
but she sure does write some dark and creepy books.

 
We ended Shark week with a shark pizza. 
 Someone shared the instructions with me on Facebook and I had to make one.  It was simple.
 
 
Since shark week is over,  it was time to reset the table.
I went for a sunflower theme.
 
 
Aren't they pretty.
I cheated and bought some fake ones.

 
August 1st made 1 year since my little Darla passed.
That morning I read Charlotte the book about her big sister.
She seemed very into it.
 
Do you see that big boy sleeping in the background?
He has been having trouble walking for some time now.
We've had him back and forth to the vets. Recently,  to rule out hip dysplasia, they took x-rays of his hips and legs.  Thankfully he does not have any dysplasia but it does appear that he has a torn ACL in his right knee that will require surgery.
We've been trying to keep in comfortable until his visit with the orthopedic surgeon.
Hopefully,  we will find out more details and get him fixed up very soon.

 
Outside of the house, although I hate it,  the rain has done wonders for the surprise pumpkin plants that popped up in the garden this year.
 
 
They have crawled into my little flower garden and now are taking over everything.
 
 
Speaking of Pumpkins.. 
I found these adorable pumpkin jars while shopping with Michelle.
They almost match the dutch oven perfectly.
  
 
I also found this little guy.
How adorable is he!!

 
It was difficult,  but I tucked the new fall things away in the cabinet.
I've given myself a Fall decorating date...
September 15th it's coming out!!!!
 
I hope that you all are well and enjoying the start of August.
I can't wait to check in and see what you've all been up to.
 
See you soon!!

Comments

  1. How fun that you have the pumpkin plant volunteers! I hope some babies are growing for you. Also lovin' the new pumpkins for the kitchen! Wow, you're really showing restraint... The end of Labor Day Weekend... It's fall for me:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkins do take over. Always fun to grow your own though.
    We've had quite a lot of rain too but then the sun was out a lot also. Typical summer here by us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O no !!....no fall things please!!...it is summer Yet !!...and i am so enjoying it...holliday is over but,...we have beautiful hot weather this week again....wednesday is my first working day....i hope it is not too hot....love from me..happy summer hugs and kisses for the doggies ...love Ria x ☀️

    ReplyDelete
  4. That shark pizza is the best, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are the best!
    Love the shark pizza!
    We are in shark week withdrawal around here.
    I too bought some fall things and reluctently put them in a drawer.
    I cannot wait to get them out!!!!
    Have a cozy evening, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's my fall decorating day too but I'm so ready now. Yes rain for 2 weeks straight here, now 100 degrees.yuck! Our dog had problems with his acl but due to his auto immune disorder can not have surgery.We gave him a dog glucosimine supplement and after about a month no more joint problems.He does take a steroid each day for his auto immune as well but matbe it will help your sweet boy with some pain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word...the shark stuff is a crack up. Love it!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Send us some rain to Kansas please.
    We are experiencing a drought right now.
    Love the pizza, too fun. So glad you have
    your book about Darla.

    Hope all goes well with the upcoming surgery.

    Fall??? Looking forward to cooler weather.

    I'll have a new post up soon.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see your blog daily, it is crispy to study.
    Your blog is very useful for me & i like so much...
    Thanks for sharing the good information!
    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts