Friday Favorites and happenings

 
Yay!  It's Friday!
Not that it matters around here.. 
with Paul's wacky schedule, our Friday can fall on any day of the week.
 
To honor Friday I thought that I'd share a few favorites from this week ( and last).
 
October has been a fun month.
 
1.  The pumpkin patch.
 
Remember those random pumpkin plants that were growing in my garden?
The larger plant has traveled all of the way to the back of our house and up the on to the deck, 
This is the view from my dining room window.
 
Also in the window you can see another favorite thing of mine...
The beautiful stained glass piece that my bloggy friend Lynn from Happier than a pig in mud made for me in 2009.
Lynn,  I can't even believe have fast time has gone!!
 
 
And Houston we have a funky pumpkin!!
 
One very heavy pumpkin that survived all of the rain that we've had.
I took this photo about 2 weeks ago,  it's even bigger now.
 
 
2.  Daughter dates.
 
Last week Michelle and I went to see our favorite musical, Les Miserables.
This was my 3rd time seeing it and it never gets old!
 
 
The worst part...  
My household has had to listen to us singing Les Mis songs for the past week.
 
My girls have such different tastes in music.
Like me,  they both love the crooners,  but while Michelle loves classical and musicals,
Sally is repulsed by it and listens to rock music like her dad.
 
in fact,  their personal styles really reflect their music tastes.
weird,  I never really noticed that before.
 
 
3.  Puppy Birthdays.
 
This week we celebrated Sharky's 10th birthday.
We loaded him into sally's car and took him to petco on a little shopping spree where he found many goodies.
 Check out his snazzy new sweater! 
 
 
What's crazy is that Sharky is now the same age that Sally was when she received
puppy Sharky for her birthday.  
   Since we couldn't bring him home until a few weeks after her birthday,  we gave her a photo album filled with the tiny sharky photos that we took when we picked him out.
 
And this means that Sally will be 20 next month. 
Will the years please slow down!!
 
 
4.  Halloween Dinners etc.
 
Of course,  I have been playing with my food!
 
This is my favorite creation so far.
Broken Glass Cheesecake bars.
 
I saw Trisha Yearwood make them on a Food network Halloween special.
my family was totally disgusted by them.
winner!
 
 
5.  Best Friend Dates.
 
My best friend Karen and I try to get together at least once a month.
Sometimes with just meet up for a pizza and other times we do something fun like take a weekend trip. 
 
This is she and I back in 2012,
 the year we visited Salem during Halloween.
That was so much fun!
 
 
Yesterday we met up at the local farm for some fall fun and to celebrate her 52nd birthday.
 
 
 we enjoyed some sights and sounds,
But mostly we just sat on a bench enjoying coffee, apple cider donuts and great conversation.
Doesn't get much better than that!
I truly cherish our friendship.
She may not be my sister by blood..
but she is my sister by heart.
 
Did I mention the donuts!
 
And it is Donuts or Doughnuts?
I've always been a little confused by that.
: )
 
I hope that you all have had a great week also.
I am still having trouble commenting on a few blogs.
hopefully I will figure that out today.
I can comment from my phone which leads me to believe it's a pc connection problem.
 
Have a wonderful weekend!!!!
 


Comments

  1. Oww so sweet Sharky !!..in his sweather.....love it...happy weekend love Ria x 🧡🍄🍂🌾🌻🍁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaah, look a baby Sharky! I'm glad you're enjoying the stained glass and I'm lovin' your fun pumpkin! Have a great weekend:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl, you do love October:) SO many fun times and foods shows that love. I would like to have that donut aka doughnut:) Have a blessed day dear Leslie, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks and sounds like you are having fun in your fave month.
    Lots of great pics.
    There is nothing better than finding time to hang with family and friends.

    Enjoy the rest of the month it is flying!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have certainly been very busy having loads of fun - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharky looks very handsome in his new sweater! Good for you and your friend, sounds like a good time! Great witch pic! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Numele meu este Lilian N. Aceasta este o zi plină de bucurie a vieții mele din cauza ajutorului pe care mi-a oferit-o Dr.saguru, ajutându-mă să-mi recuperez ex-soțul cu vraja lui magică și de dragoste. Am fost căsătorit timp de 6 ani și a fost atât de teribil pentru că soțul meu mă înșela într-adevăr și căuta un divorț, dar când am întâlnit e-mailul Dr.saguru pe internet despre modul în care a ajutat atât de mulți oameni să-și primească ex și de a ajuta la stabilirea relației. și să facă oamenii să fie fericiți în relația lor. Mi-am explicat situația și i-am căutat ajutorul, dar spre cea mai mare surpriză, mi-a spus că mă va ajuta cu cazul meu și că acum sarbatoresc pentru că soțul meu sa schimbat complet pentru totdeauna. El vrea întotdeauna să fie lângă mine și nu poate face nimic fără prezența mea. Mă bucur foarte mult de căsnicia mea, o celebrare mare. Voi continua să depun mărturie pe internet pentru că Dr. Saguru este cu adevărat un adevărat vrăjitor. VĂ RUGĂM SĂ VĂ RUGĂM AJUTAȚI DOCTOR SAGURU ACUM ACUM DUPĂ EMAIL: drsagurusolutions@gmail.com sau WhatsApp +2349037545183 El este singurul răspuns la problema dvs. și te face să te simți fericit în relația ta.
    1 LOVE SPELL
    2 CÂȘTIGĂȚI BACK EX
    3 FRUCTE DE FEMEI
    4 PROMOȚIE SPELL
    5 SPELL DE PROTECȚIE
    6 SPELL BUSINESS
    7 SPELL GOOD JOB
    8 LOTTERY SPELL și SPELL CASE SPELL.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts