hanging in the kitchen


I will start this post by apologizing for the abrupt closing of my last post.
I hadn't slept the whole night and I knew that if I didn't post the entry before I went to sleep,
that I probably wouldn't have gotten around to posting at all. 
 
After a busy day yesterday, I slept well last night.  
When you hear where I slept you might laugh...
I laid on the floor with Stanley in his comfy dog bed and I fell asleep and slept there with 2 dogs the entire night. 
Whatever works!
 
I have a few errands to run this morning
but first I want to welcome you into my kitchen where there is a little Fall/Halloween happening.



 
You know that I love this old kitchen.
It's where paul and I had our first date almost 30 years ago.
plus I made countless bottles and packed 1000 school lunches on these counters.
 
Although I am not a fan of everything WHITE,  I do like the white in this kitchen.
Everything goes with it. 
  Fall. Winter. Polka dots. 
 Anything I want.
 
Before we sell this house we are going to replace the refrigerator with stainless.
That should look decent.


 
Last fall I gave everything a fresh coat of paint and replaced the old backsplash with this white subway tile.    Before you go thinking that I am handy with tiles... 
They are adhesive sheets that you just stick on. 
 
 
I love having this shelf above the sink.
it's the next best thing to having a window.
 
Tis the season for jars of sprinkles.

 
This is definitely the best time of year to spend in the kitchen.
Besides snow days..  they are my absolute favorite days to cook.
Sooo many good things to bake.
 


The other day I made these caramel apples for dessert.
The recipe said to toss all of the ingredients together in a slow cooker for 2 hours.
I forgot that I gave my slow cooker to the goodwill a few months ago.
So I cooked it on the stove top ( low heat) in the pumpkin dutch oven.

 
Talk about delicious!!!!!
and the house smelled like a fall festival


 
If you find yourself with an abundance of apples,  it is definitely worth trying.
 
 
 
Time to get dressed and start the day.
While I am out I am finally going to treat myself to something on my fall bucket list...
A Panara Bread pink ribbon bagel.
ohhhhhhhhh.
my stomach is growling already.
 
I might even top it off with  a trip to the book store and my first pumpkin spice latte of the season.
 
Hope that you all have a wonderful Tuesday.


Comments

  1. I LOVE your kitchen!!!
    And I LOVE that shelf.
    Everything looks perfectly festive and cozy and warm.
    And I will be right down for a treat and some coffee, K??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love white because as you say, you can decorate/accent with any other color! I'm a week or two ahead of you with the pumpkin coffee-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kitchen is so Autumn festive! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Looks good! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like a white kitchen too and LOVE my new one.
    Looks very festive in your white kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always holiday festive in your kitchen.
    The recipe sounds good too!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I will be right down for a treat and some coffee, K??

    Gclub

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts