I changed the porch... AGAIN

Yay!  It's officially Spring! 

After a week of dragging my tail,  I had the best busy weekend. 

What did we do?  Nothing.

I cleaned,  ate a bowl of ice cream and I pushed through my lazy spells and made the most of the decent weather.  

  And I slept ~  at night!

  I spent most of my time on the porch -  changing things AGAIN.

I decided that I am going to keep the branches up all year,  so I removed all of those pink flowers (I wasn't really a fan of the pink) and I replaced them with green leaves.


I switched a few things around and did some Home Shopping upstairs on the 3rd floor.

Speaking of the attic, 
I gotta tell you about the creepy stuff that happens up there..
Do you believe in ghosts?
My kids constantly hear unexplained footsteps above their bedrooms and they still won't go upstairs alone.   Sometimes,  like just a little while ago,  things will come crashing down the attic steps. 
It sounds like a locomotive crash that we can hear from 2 floors below.
Last week it was a framed American flag.
Tonight it was the heavy book piece of a music stand.

I'm guessing that whoever lives up there was mad that I stole the old fire truck ( that was Paul's when he was a kid).    They should know by now that I will return it shortly ~  I always change my mind.  

Back to the porch..
isn't it cute? 
I'm excited for warmer days and afternoon naps on the daybed with the dogs.  : )


I can't wait to switch the storm windows for screens and have the fresh breeze come in.

While I was out shopping for fake green leaves that I'll throw away later,  I stopped into the Dollar General store and I hit the jackpot.  I love when I find cheap things that I don't need but have to have.

Among other things,  I found this pitcher and these super cute and heavy plates.


And just $13.00 for all 5 pieces.



Tonight I had to test one out.. 
and it was the perfect sized plate to hold my red lentil spaghetti and a salad.  


yum!

***

That's it from here.
I have a busy week planned,  starting with another dentist appointment tomorrow morning
 ( I think that its just a cleaning) and then I am going to do some hard core spring cleaning.
I have a whole list of projects that need to be tackled.

Hope that you all have a great new week.

Happy Spring!!!












Comments

  1. The porch looks great - what a fun place to hang out! Dollar General is a fun store - I love your economical finds. Great plates and pitcher! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your porch looks really nice! It's a good idea to keep the branches and just decorate for any season or occasion! My cousin lives in a older haunted house and some of the stories she tell us raises the hair on the back of my neck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a welcoming space! We have a ghost in our house too. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cozy homey looking porch. I bet you spend hours there. Great finds at the Dollar General.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your porch is so beautiful! I want to hear more about the ghosts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful. Magazine worthy! Can you come decorate mine next??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts