End of the month stuff

Hi Friends.
Happy last day of April.
Can you believe it!!

I wanted to hurry up and get a post up before the month ended.
Here are some of the things that have been happening around the house..

veggie flat bread

I LOVE making pretty flat breads using refrigerated pizza dough and fresh herbs and vegetables.




Isn't this one adorable.
It was tasty too.


Still loving the new kitchen set up

Yup.  I am still having fun with the "new" kitchen island.

I wanted to show you the basil in my grandmother's old cow cookie jar.
I've been trying to utilize all of my grandma's cow collection
 and I thought this was a cute way to use this piece.


And I also wanted to show you this cool coffee sign that I got from amazon.


Wait! 

I'm just realizing that I don't think that I told you guys that I redid the coffee bar backsplash AGAIN.
Remember a few posts ago when I added those black and white peel and stick tiles?
Turns out..  I hated it.   
hahaha.
Seriously.. they just weren't working for me so I made another penny backsplash.

Or did I show you already?


 this time,   I cheated.
I didn't want to add the pennies directly to the wall..
you know,  just incase I change my mind again.

I used some E6000 glue and glued each penny to a piece of black foam board and then I used a little hot glue to attach the foam board to the wall.

I had planned on grouting but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

I think the whole project cost me about $5.00.


Windows

The weather finally broke and I washed the kazillion little jalousie windows and put the screens on the porch.   Of course I looked at them this morning and they are already covered in green dust.


The Taco Truck

Just in time for Cinco De Mayo, 
I had a few extra pieces of plywood to make the outside gang a funny prop for feeding time.

Can I help you?


I'll have some seed salsa and a walnut fajita.


Adding more color to my bible

For April's bible reading I spent most of my time between Exodus and Mark and my bible is looking so beautiful and well read.  
I bought myself some new colored pencils and I love how the drawings of Mt Sinai and the empty tomb turned out.   (I'm not that original ~  I look at Pinterest for inspiration)

Yesterday I finished up Daniel and now,  I need to choose which book that I will study in May.

I'll end this with this little cutie.
Do your dogs hop in your spot as soon as you get up?
That's what he did.


And that's it for April. 
There's been a lot more but I don't want to bore you to much. 

Wishing everyone a safe and healthy May.
See you soon!!
xo


Comments

  1. That is a very picturesque veggie flat bread! Looks delicious and looks like it belongs on the cover of a cooking magazine! I love your penny backsplash. I know someone that did a penny bar top. It took them forever and was a lot of work but it looks really good! Well between your little feeding prop for the birds and your illustrations in your bible I think you definitely have a talent for drawing! Your pup is cute. Our cats like to jump up on a spot we were sitting on too! Happy May!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flat bread with all the veggies. I've never seen anything like that. It looks like art. Really pretty and it sure is healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why? Why are we not neighbors?!?! I could learn soooo much from you!!! How do you make that flatbread! And your craft projects?!?! Have a cozy Saturday. It is chilly here!! I am watching Halloween under a blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flat bread is flat out gorgeous! I wanna try that.
    Do you know there is a coin shortage? You might get arrested over the pennies. ;)
    Love the taco truck---your cleverness never ceases to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flatbread is so pretty. Was it good?
    Love all your projects!!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts