The basement art/craft room


Hi Friends!!

I would have been here sooner but I've been super sick with a nasty cold this week.
In fact,  I tried to post one of my prewritten drafts but it somehow posted on the sequence that it was written.    So..  if you dig back a little, my favorite easy Cream of Shrimp soup recipe is floating around here somewhere. 
 
Otherwise..  Welcome to my art room.
I can't remember if I took you all for a visit in my new crafty space on my old blog.
I think that last time I posted about my space,  it was still on the sun porch.
 
 
Months ago,  after I was finished fixing up Paul's side of the basement,
 
 
I decided that I wanted to fix up the other side and use it as a little art studio.
 
The chest cold is driving me crazy..
I have so much to do,  but can't really do much without coughing and feeling breathless.
Its the perfect time to hang out in my space.
 
Plus, a few bouquets of paint brushes can always cheer this sick girl up.
 
 
 
It's just a small art space..
I've still got to share my half of the basement with all of my seasonal decorations.
 
 

 
Isn't this huge work table awesome?
I built that.  
 
Bad ass, right!
 
 
The space was actually planned around the table.
 
I idea was that I needed a place to hide some of my Christmas decorations.
I thought about having Paul build me a storage closet,  but I knew that would take to long.
you know how men are.
and I'm an instant gratification kind of girl!
So then came the idea of a big skirted table to put things under..
and the next thought was to move all of my craft supplies down to the basement.  
 
 And Viola!
The perfect place to create!
 
 
I love having this new basement space.
No more mess on the sun porch.
 
As I am planning to take it easy and let these lungs heal,
This is where I'll be for the next few days.
I think I'll paint something spooky.
 
Have a great day
xo
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 


Comments

  1. It's so nice to have a dedicated space for crafts or sewing or any hobby. And when it's out of sight of the rest of the house, even better! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful space to create. Love that table and skirt:). Have a blessed day, hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of space! Love the table!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Craft space is the best use of any space. Seeing your scissors hanging on the peg board looks so pretty, it makes me want to make something. And I laughed when you said holiday storage as you will need a room just for Halloween alone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling very good right now.
    Hope you are on the mend.
    Your area looks fabulous! I am sure there will be a lot of creating in this spot.

    Take care!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts