what's been happening around the house this summer...

Wow!  Time flies when we're having fun!  Ok,  so I don't know how much fun we're having,  but time definitely is flying.  
I can't believe that it is already the end of July and I am on day 108 of being smoke free.
Looking backwards and wondering where time went... 
The story of my life..

It takes me so long to do these "catch up" posts because I never know where to start.   Do I give a generic post,  do I catch it up on everything that I missed, or do I just pick up like I never left....
I can never decide.

This time I will share the things that have been consuming most of my time.

Lounging around ~  drinking coffee and enjoying great books.

I wish.

Truth is that this book has been sitting here for months waiting for me to pick it up. 



While Paul has been working most days,  I have been keeping myself busy with the house.  As retirement gets closer and closer, we are getting the house in shape for when the time comes to sell it.



As much as I say that I love old houses...
they are a lot of work!!!
And this old house is in need of a lot.


Our house exterior is in the middle of a makeover and Sheeeeesh , it's been tough work.    A little at a time,  I have made my way around the deck, foundation and siding with my paintbrush and roller.
The little yellow house is now a dark honey wheat color.




I replaced some of the rotted wood along the foundation and
added shelves and ledges for flower pots.





 Its all starting to come together and I am very happy with the changes so far.  A new front door and awning should be hung by the end of the month...  and then later in October we are scheduled to get replacement windows.

When I am not working around the outside I have been taking time to enjoy the little things.

..... Like a beautiful bouquet of flowers.


Taking Stanley on the boat.



Taking care of my baby pumpkins.




Creating.


Kissing this old lady.
A lot.


And of course,  getting my board wet whenever time and the weather permits.





While there are struggles and deterrents along the way.... 
 Life is good!
and I personally,  am trying to make the best of it.

I hope that everyone is having a great summer.
I will be back with an update soon. 









Comments

  1. It is a lot of work getting a house ready to sell, but it looks like you are enjoying summer too. We took a whole year to declutter and repair a few things and can't imagine trying to do it in a short time period. It's really wonderful to be past all that and living the life we dreamed - you will get there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, you have been one busy lady! The house is looking fresh and ready for a new owner when you are ready to turn her over. Enjoy your morning and the week ahead. I look forward to hearing more about your days ahead. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for commenting... because i didn't know you were blogging again.

    when people 'disappear,' i don't keep them on my 'blog-blog.' -smile-

    you do an amazing amount of work!!! can certainly see, where 'you have been.'

    hope you do shorter posts, more often. if you can, that is.

    btw, 'no caps' because i twisted my left wrist and have to immobilize it, as much as possible. so i am 'pecking' away, with my right hand.

    luna crone

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations!

    on stopping smoking!!!!

    luna crone

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your accomplishment!
    And thanks for the update...
    Your summer has been busy, but I imagine rewarding as well.
    I love the new color choice!
    Have a lovely evening and a great week ahead.: )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Leslie ...enjoy summer....love your woorden house....love your doggies....love from Me Ria x ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go, Leslie! Great with the no smoking, your house and your pooches! Have a great rest of the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on 108 days! You are the gal!!
    Looks like fun stuff going on at the homestead.

    Time does fly!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts