Happy September




Happy September!!!

Do you believe it's already here....
These past few days here in Baltimore have been so cool that it feels like fall is here.   I'm literally wrapped up in a fuzzy blanket right now and it feels awesome.

As a prelude to Fall, I made myself a little September Bucket list of fun things to do this month.

Due to scheduling conflicts our next Tennessee house hunting trip had to be postponed but otherwise everything else should be a go.

It's been forever since I have finished a needle point project and I thought that this would be an easier one since it is printed.
I forgot how bad I am at these things...   but I'm determined to finish it.



There was a time when I could pick up a book and read it for hours.
Nowadays,  it takes me forever.
This month,  I am going to slow it down and read this new Stephenie Meyer's book that's been sitting unopened on my table since July.



There is one thing on the list that I cheated and started a few days ago...

Fall Decorating.

I couldn't wait any longer!


It's just a few touches of fall on the sun porch...
The plaids and many shades of orange are so refreshing.
It makes me want to curl up with that book I've been neglecting.


This year I'm going to do things a little differently on the porch.
No more crazy ghouls floating on cables or screeching witches on broomsticks hanging from the ceiling..

Instead,  I'm going with a simpler shower of Fall leaves and small touches of Halloween.



Of course these guys are patiently waiting around.


Speaking of patiently waiting around..
I've been struggling with my potted pumpkin plant all summer long and as soon as a pumpkin would appear on the vine, it would soon whither and rot away. 
Yesterday I caught a glimpse of something orange and boom...
I've got a pumpkin!!!


A little teeny tiny adorable pumpkin.



I'll leave you with these shots of this beautiful butterfly and it's incredible polka dotted wonder.

Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend.




Comments

  1. Leslie, your porch looks great! I could sit there with a cup of coffee and read away the afternoon. I sneaked in a couple of fall decorations this morning, too;)

    Enjoy the long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of growing a pumpkin, in a pot!!! Hoooray for you! You must feel like my husband, and his 1 sunflower, finally. :-)

    didn't know that Stephanie had a new book out. Actually, the last one I read by her, was "The Host." And I was under-whelmed. ,-) But then, I was such a "Twilight Nana," that first "second" book, would be a hard sell anyway, I suppose.

    You are looking to buy a home, farther south... I didn't know that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy September!!!!
    Thanks for the book tip...
    I am always allowing for a good book.
    And yes to the decorating.
    Just yes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet fall decorations! I really love the sun porch. (And I really love that pillow).

    We've been wishing for some fall weather, but since it refuses to visit we've settled for purchasing some fall decor. (My mother bought a few things today and then made a huge wreath for our gate). I have a feeling the fall decor will be set out early this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your porch looks so cozy! The Day bed looks just like what I'd like my porch couch to look like. I love all your decorations. And the sweet butterfly!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh September, how I love you! :) Your porch looks wonderful. Have fun fulfilling your bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, hard to believe fall is just around the corner.
    I like your list of things to do this month and what a clever way to write it all down. : )
    Happy for you that you got a pumpkin. We grew them one year and got quite a few but they sure took up a lot of space!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts