One of those weeks


Ohhh what a week!!!  I need to take a breather from a breather.  It's been one of those times when everything goes wrong at the same time.    To top the list my oldest daughter's car's breaks gave out while she was on the highway.  Thankfully she managed to get the car pulled over without hurting herself or anyone else.  

* I am thankful for the Maryland Transportation Police officer who helped her until her dad could get there.

Once the car was home we realized that not only had the break lines rusted but the whole undercarriage is rusted also.  Since she works full time outside of the house I've been lending her my Jeep until we find her a new car.  I don't mind..   If I really need it I'll just drop her off at work like I did on Friday. 

Yes,  Friday was great. I knew that I had a busy day ahead so I dropped Michelle at work and did some early Halloween browsing at Target and paint shopping at Lowes.  I treated myself to breakfast and picked up a pretty wreath at Michaels before I headed home to pick Sally up.   Sally had someplace that she needed me to drive her and while she was there I was going to do some much needed grocery shopping ~ our cabinets were on empty.    Poor sally,  we didn't even get out of my neighborhood before my Jeep started acting crazy.   One car payment left and every light on the dash starts flashing and the car would not accelerate over 5 mph and barely made it up the hill to home.  Let me say that again.  ONE CAR PAYMENT LEFT. 

* I am thankful that neither of my girls were driving it when it happened.

So now,  as my car is still in the shop ( of course it would happen on a weekend)  we are down to one vehicle.  The OLD Ford truck that belonged to Paul's father.  Go figure. 

This all combined with Sally's wisdom teeth bothering her,  Paul's inconceivable work schedule, Michelle breaking up with her boyfriend,  someone spilling a gallon of water on their bed, Mechanics not calling when they say they will,  commitments canceled,  uber payments,  telephone buzzing non stop....
It's no wonder I laughed when the lady from Safeway called to tell me that my bank card was declined for my online grocery bill.  

*  Although it's a pain in the ass..  I am thankful for our banks fraud department who froze my card until I could verify my grocery bill.

Good news.  The mechanic finally called to inform us on the tests he will perform on the jeep on Monday. 
My groceries were delivered.
In a few days,  Paul is off for a whole 2 days.
The new door was installed the other day and looks amazing.
My neighbor let me borrow is car to get Michelle to and from work.
Lastly,  we haven't suffered nervous break downs ~ yet.
However I have about 20 margarita's planned for my immediate future.  : )



*It could be worse..  I am thankful for every sane moment that I find. 

Hope that everyone is having a great weekend!!! 




Comments

  1. Oh wow! Talk about "The Week From Hell"!!!! Yishhhhh.....

    And talk about how "things come in 3's"! You got 'em in multiples, way over 3's!!!!!!

    Maybe, that's all the "Crap-O-La" to come your family's way, for a while now???? Hey, that sounds good, hu???????

    Courage!!!

    Gentle hugs, Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a week!
    I am so sorry for all the yuck!!!
    I admire your attitude, Leslie.
    And warmest wishes for a much calmer week ahead!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The universe needs to make it up to you now by helping you win the lottery. Am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this was not your best week. Hope the coming week things go smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like everything happens at once! My only words of wisdom... breathe. Hopefully this week will be much better-take care:@)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts