Fun Fall Festivities

Doesn't matter how old we get,  nothing says Fall like a visit to Baugher's Orchard and last weekend Sally and I hopped on a hayride to take in the ambiance of the season and visit the beautiful hills of the apple orchard.






We had a great afternoon outside collecting apples.   Once we gathered a few pounds worth we took the wagon back and headed to lunch.  Every trip we take begins or ends with lunch ~  house rules.



I wish I had better photos.  Something is wrong with my Cannon and I can't get it to reset.  The photos are too bright and the zoom is not working correctly ~  it's driving me crazy. 








While I am on the topic of Apples,  My friend Lynn @ Happier Than a Pig in Mud posted this simple 2 ingredient recipe for cinnamon apple cups.   I made them for dessert the other night and they were delicious.     I'm all about the easy!!!



Click here for Lynn's instructions.




Now,  about that exciting job offer that I mentioned in the last post.   While I have always had dreams of Decorating the White House for Christmas,  I was offered the next best thing...  Decorating and planning a Halloween party for a large Doctors office. 
This is a very swank and popular plastic surgery practice and I am a bit overwhelmed and also very excited!  
Halloween is my thing - I got this.  

There is no set theme but the office manager did mention that she wanted foggy purple drinks and floating witch hats.    So I'm thinking a Witches Lair where old Witches come to be young and beautiful .    I'm trying to incorporate the plastic surgery into the theme.

I found a few ideas that I like...  

  Jello shooter syringes to get rid of those fine lines and wrinkles.
 And I love the stapled apples..   they remind me of "alterations".






While they are having the finger food catered, I am in charge of sweets.   I know that I will make my infamous witch fingers and chocolate mice that I make every Halloween,   the rest, I have no idea.   Maybe all of those episodes of the Halloween Baking Challenge will pay off.   

I am loving these cauldron cupcakes ~  they're definitely on my list.



Anyway...   I really want to knock this one out of the park.   The clientele there are mostly people with money..  people with money usually live in big houses... and big houses need decorating!  :  )

If anyone has any  bewitching ideas..  please send them my way.  

Have a great Sunday everyone!!


Comments

  1. VERY EXCITING NEWS!!! If anyone can make that party a spooky success, it's you! Have fun with it, I'll keep my eyes open for ideas.
    Thanks for the shout out, have a great week:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, a trip to an Orchard, is fun!!!!!

    And Go You!!!! A dream decorating job!!!!

    You will do a FABBBBBB JOB!!!!!!!

    Gentle hugs,
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love visiting the apple orchard. Congrats on landing this job! I like all your ideas so far. Can't wait to read more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! You're perfect for this job! I had to laugh, the minute I started reading about it I thought, "Leslie is a master at Halloween, she'll rock this party." Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH!!! That is exciting!!!
    I cannot wait ti see what you come up with!
    And yes...Halloween Baking Championship is the best!
    Thanks for sharing the apple recipe too...sounds good. And easy!
    Loved your photos of your apple picking.
    Love your love of this amazing season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun times for you!
    Love the apple recipe.
    Have fun with your party! You'll do awesome.

    M : )

    PS: did you see my Halloween post?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome, so exciting!!! Don't forget to post pictures!!!

    Have fun, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on getting the job. Sounds like you have a lot of great ideas already.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh, there is something so magical about the looks and smells and memories of fall!
    Wow, how fun to get to do that great party! Hope it is a blast.
    I am going to have to try Lynn's yummy rolls! That does sound easy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts