A Birthday, A Memory, Books, Boston's and some Shade

Happy week before Thanksgiving!   Are you ready?    Although I haven't purchased the groceries needed,  nor have I worked out the time or menu...  I am ready. :  )    Over the years our gatherings have gotten smaller and smaller,  so it's pretty simple. 

On Tuesday the 14th our youngest daughter Sally turned 19.  She is very edgy, funky, kind and beautiful and quite honestly one of the sweetest people that you would ever meet.  The world needs more Sally's! 



For her birthday I made her this awesome chocolate and cheesecake layered cake.   
It's no wonder I went up 3.2 lbs when I weighed in at weight watchers this week.   ughhh.  


On the 14th I also spent the day remembering my dad who has been gone for 25 years that day.    Most of you know,  I lost my both of my parents way too soon.  My dad was just my age (45) when he died.   This year he would have been 70 ... still young enough to be seated at our Thanksgiving table. 
Although I always miss them, the holiday season really makes me reflect on years passed and makes me miss the family who raised me even more. 

You know who else I miss...   My little boo Darla!    Why is it that I seem to find more "Darla" stuff in the stores now?   Look at this adorable coffee mug that I got the other day.    Darla driving my favorite Red truck...   I squealed with delight when I saw it!

Oh,  and I gotta tell you,  Coffee tastes so much better in this mug.




And that brings me to this little girl.  She's growing!!!   We are picking her up on the first week of December - 16 more days to be exact.    I can not wait to get my hands on her..   she's already claimed my heart and we haven't even met yet.  : )



*

To pass the time,  when I'm not working on projects or parties,  I've been nose deep in this book.   I finished it last week and I loved it.
I will tell you that at first,  I wasn't crazy about the lead heroine but she grew on me as the story unfolded.    The older people however..  I LOVED!!!  Their bickering and tales had me laughing throughout the book.   




Next on my reading agenda is this one that was recommended by an Instagram friend.   I don't even know what it's about but I usually love Debbie Macomber's book's so I'm pretty sure this one won't disappoint. 


Lastly..  I will leave you with this photo that my cousin recently sent to me.  
That's right...   That's me sometime in the early 70's.
Every time I look at that silly face I smile,
Seems that nothing has really changed.
I am still exactly the same..  only I'm allowed to cuss now.



Have a great weekend everyone.  
See you soon.


Comments

  1. LOVIN' your new Darla mug! Just a couple more weeks and your heart will begin to heal... Happy Thanksgiving Planning-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, my friend...
    So very much to love in this post!
    First, a virtual hug across the miles for you as you miss your dear Daddy.
    Only those of us who have lost parents can truly empathize.

    Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter!!!!
    Don't you just love the amazing friends we gain when our babies grow up??

    The puppy???
    Just joy!

    And I am a huge fan of the books you are reading...
    Have you read any Leslie Meier books???
    You must!
    The first is a Christmas one...Mistletoe Murder.
    And...love your elementary school girl spunk!!!!!
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter is beautiful. I love the mug, and can't wait for you to have that puppy! I forgot, have you named her? Ever since my mom died, the holidays have been bitter sweet for me. I love, love the holidays, don't get me wrong. But, my heart always misses her a little bit more at this time of year, if that's even possible. Thanks for sharing the books, I'm always on the lookout for a good Christmas story. Happy Thanksgiving, Leslie:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. -grin- Sooooo cute you!!!!!!!!!

    Yes, your daughter is beautiful, and Happy Birthday to her.

    Am I ready for Thanksgiving???? Yes! Because it is no longer here. :-) And for myself, I don't even have to bring a dessert to son's house, this year. They already are having a flour less cake, for dessert. (Gluten Free needs)

    But just like for years, when family came here... My husband still makes the Stuffing.

    Next door son and 'grands' come over the night before the holiday, and make the fully cooked Stuffing, with 'Pop.' It goes in refrig over night. Thanksgiving Day, son picks it up and stuffs it in his turkey, and in the oven.

    And 'Pop' makes his Newman's Creamed Potatoes, always....

    But the whole affair, is at son's house. :-)

    Happy Coming Turkey Day!
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your lovely daughter.
    Oh the puppy is the cutest thing!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to your baby girl! OMG, your 1970-something picture is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations !!!...❤️....Happy sunday.....love Ria x ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. First love, love the pic of you!
    If you have never read Debbie Macomber's books watch out!
    I love reading holiday novels.

    That pup is a doll!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts