Christmas Decorations ( dining and living rooms)



I've been excited to show you the Christmas decorations and Finally,   I have a chance to sit down and upload photos and catch up on some blogging.
Warning:  Photo overload.

Oh and guess what?
It's finally snowing in Baltimore. 

I'll start with the dining room because I am in love with these adorable plates that I found at Target.
They were perfect for the Outdoor Christmas theme and with them,  I didn't have to overdo the décor on the table.



The table centerpiece is just a cute little pine tree that I also found at Target.  I know that I say this every year,  but this year it really is perfect.  : )

Aren't they cute!!   



I put the artificial tree in the same corner that I always do.
It just works there.
I have always loved having a tree in the dining room.
It's my favorite time to serve a meal there.



Harry has joined in the festive fun also.
If you remember,  Harry belonged to my late father.  He caught him in the late 80's with a bow and arrow - it was his prized hunt.
Now,  I'm not a fan of sport hunting, but I do love having Harry around because it's a piece of my dad.


The shelves are filled with random things that I love. 
Jars filled with trees, snow, deer.. 
there's even a little bear in a salt shaker.   
It's all mixed with woodland animals and the holly hobby dolls that my mother in law gave to me.
Michelle says that it's like an "eye spy"

It's definitely fun to look at.















Paul surprised me with this little truck last week.
We could have all of the money in the world and it would still be the little unexpected gifts like this that would warm my heart.
He even bought a tree to stick in the back.



Moving into the living room..
I love the view from this seat where I can enjoy the ambiance of both trees.




There are just simple touches of Christmas in here.
We put the real tree in the safest place that we could to avoid "dog traffic"..     I actually really like it here in front of the staircase.

Of course,  this was pre- puppy.
Now there are barricades, blankets, gates and puppy pee stations. 


The Angel Cow is making her 28th appearance of the star of our tree.


And here is my favorite Decoration. 
The Nativity made by Sally ( and mom) in 2nd grade. 



I hope that you enjoyed the tour of the Living and Dining rooms.
I'm feeling very Christmassy today.. 
I think I might spend this snowy morning making a paper chain for the living room tree.

I can't wait to see what you all have been up to.
Sorry I've been slacking lately.
I'll catch up,  I promise!  : )



Have a great weekend!!




Comments

  1. So festive warm and inviting. Love your table setting and the bubblegum display! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' your fun truck/tree plates! I may ~or may not have~ seen the cutest truck/tree cookie jars at Wally World today... It's snowing in Philly too-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure looks festive and pretty.
    I used to live in Ellicott City before moving here 5 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My aunt lived behind the Trolly stop up until a few years ago... such a gorgeous town

      Delete
  4. Looks so festive and Christmasy. I have a tree in my dining room, too, and it just makes the room feel like a whole new place. I should leave it up year 'round. I say that every year;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything! I always look forward to the different seasons' decor in your home. You are so very talented! Merry Christmas to you and yours! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved seeing your beautiful home!!!! You have a talent for decorating! I have those same beautiful Christmas plates that you have displayed in your hutch. : ) Enjoy the season in your festive home!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is looking very Christmasy in your house!
    Love the little doggie sweater.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful !!!....happy week love ria !x❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those dolls are adorable and so sweet. Are they Holly Hobbie dolls? That's what they remind me of. They're so UNIQUE!

    I seriously want some of my own. I've never seen those before. I'm glad they're obviously treasured. They deserve to be.

    Happy Christmas Eve!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts