craft room organizing



 
I know you've been here before..
but come on down to my craft room.
 
I cleaned it!!
 

 
 
After endless hours spent browsing craft studios on Pinterest
I was ready to organize and freshen up my own space.
 
Last week I was working on Paul's side of the basement
( just through that door to the right) ..
I found some new carpet squares at a thrift store for $1. each and was able to cover his whole floor for $55.00.  Can't beat that!
 
 
 
It's not a color or pattern that I would have chosen..  
but for the price and ease of installing it,
It was perfect.   Plus,  That's the room where he changes out of his coal covered work clothes and boots..  it should hide the coal dust well! 

 
 
  Back to my room.
You have to pass through my room to get to his and
my side of the basement was a wreck.  
My work table easily becomes a collect all...
and if I don't stay on top of it,  it will get out of control.
Like it was these last few weeks.

 

To get myself inspired,  to removed everything from the table and pegboard and then I painted the brown pegboard White.   It's so much brighter!  Being in the basement .. I want it as bright as possible.   I also love to surround myself with as much color as possible.  
 
I hung some shelves and rearranged things as I filled the board back up.   That's the fun part!   I also hung a new ( clip on ) light above the thrift store dollhouses so that if I ever get around to finishing them...  I can see what I am doing.  : )


 I confess that when I have the time to do it.. 
I actually love cleaning this room.
 

 It's such a great space!!
10 years ago,  I would have never dreamed of having a cozy craft room all of my own down in the gritty gross basement!
 
When my girls were young,  we had a little craft supply station in the corner of the sun porch.    It was nice having everything so accessible to the kids. They would sit out there for hours making stuff.   On the other hand,  it was the first thing that you would see when you entered the front door...
and like my basement room,  it was always messy.
 
 
Back then I was big into scrap booking and jewelry making.
Nowadays my interests are wood working , miniatures and of course,  painting.
 


 
 
I found this cool little battery operated LED light to showcase my  cordless Ryobi tools. 

 
There's my little helper overlooking the progress.
 
Oh,  and see that pink curtain?
A while back I hung some of those metal (curtain tie backs) on the ceiling so that I could rest a long curtain rod on them and hide the seasonal storage shelves.

 
Now that everything is neat and organized,
What shall I create?
 
Oh man..  my battery is about to die.
 
What kinds of creating do you all like to do?
 


Comments

  1. Leslie,
    I can just say WOW!
    Your craft area is unbelievable!
    I love it.
    And you have it looking so lovely. : )
    Have a cozy evening, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! I love all the colors, and the light is fantastic. My craft area is in my basement, too. I love to putter around down there. Mostly I work on my photo albums, dollhouse!, and I have moved my sewing machine down there, too, in hopes to get to a few home decorating projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so nice! I am inspired! Truly! I have a messy, messy, craft areas...areas...you get it I'm sure. Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow great job. Everything looks so neat and tidy.
    I'm not craft person but I like to knit, cross stitch, make weave-its, and needlepoint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great!
    Once our bedroom gets finished I will have to do some
    straightening up in my sewing room. due to stuff being dumped in their
    while we paint.
    I like to sew, make jewelry, paper craft, knit and so much more.

    Looking forward to getting back to that too.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, awesome craft room, love it. Such a sweet dollhouse too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your space looks fantastic! And the pup is getting big:@)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts