Hello February



Hello February!  I'm happy to see you.
No,  you are not particularly my favorite month,  but you are another month closer to spring and warmer weather, so I will make the best of out of you.
I put together this little calendar so that I could have a visual of some of the fun days ahead ~  surely we can find plenty to celebrate.    I'm looking at Pizza day like Heck yeah.


 
 
It's time to use the pretty red dishes and linens.
There's something about seasonal dishes that I love.
Makes me feel festive all year long.
 
Throw some cookies on a plain plate and you have plain ole cookies.
Put those same cookies on a pretty heart plate and you have created a celebration.
 
 


My boys like things feeling festive too.
 
And yes,  all 3 dog sleep on our bed most nights.
It's insane.
Charlotte sleeps up at the top in between our pillows and the big guys spread out all over the bottom. 
Paul and I barely fit.
It's no wonder that we wake up stiff and cramped every morning.
 
But It's ok...  we love our furry babies. 
 
Remember that old Goldie Hawn movie,  Seems like Old Times? 
There was a scene when they were in bed with at least 10 dogs and I remember paul saying "that will be us in a few years".
He was close.  : )
 


 
 
While I am in my bedroom and it's the start of February I'll have to show you one of my favorite pieces of art that hangs on the wall behind the bed. 

 
This beautiful letter was written to me by the guy that I had met on a blind date and started dating in winter of 1989.
In January of 1990, He was on night shift ( at the same job) when he wrote this and I was still a teenager living at home with her parents. 
  I remember the moment that he slipped it into my coat pocket when he was driving me home one night.
I couldn't wait to read it!!!
Filled with love, promise and dreams..
To this day,  it remains one of my most beautiful cherished gifts.

 
 
 
Although my heart is melting a little bit right now, it's time
 for this girl to stop reminiscing and start getting things done around the house.    I've been working on a basement project which means the rest of the house needs my attention.
Dust. Dust. and more Dust.
 
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend
and a February filled with love. 




 
 
 



Comments

  1. I am dusting here too:) WHERE does all of that dust come from? I remember that movie, cuties taking up most of the bed! Enjoy your day dear friend, LOVE that memory letter! Valentine's Day is a day of love and I LOVE LOVE:) HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dusty here too!
    I love your love note.
    AND I love you calendar!
    Do you decorate it before or after you print it out??
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use picmonkey to decorate the calenders before printing. : )

      Delete
  3. Love those dogs! And those are my exact thoughts about February, just a month closer to spring! Take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. And this beau is now your husband I assume - such a sweet note! Takes me back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love februari....love Valentine.....love your dogs.....love Ria x ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy February!

    Love the reds for this month.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts