This week


Hi everyone.
Happy Saturday!!!

Paul and I are just hanging around on the sofa this morning.
It's going to be one of those lazy days.
One,  because Paul is exhausted from another 80 hour work week.
And two..  because go figure,  mama is fighting a chest cold of some sort.   As long as it is not the flu..  I can handle it.

Here's a little of what's been happening around here this week.

Mardi Gras!!!

I made some festive cheesecake bars and a delicious Cajun Shrimp stir fry for dinner.   As much as I wanted a king cake,  I didn't make one since I'm trying hard to keep my weight down.

 
 

 
 Valentines day was real nice.  I had a nice breakfast with my girlfriend before coming home and rearranging the furniture.

  Instead of going out that night,
  Paul and I wanted to test out the new living room layout, so we ended up ordering Chinese food and watching the Olympics.


  

Of course I had to snap a few Valentines pictures of Charlotte wearing her socks and pj's.
 
 

 

On Thursday it was down with the hearts and time to make some shamrocks to hang from the ceiling on the sun porch.




 
Yesterday ( Friday) I started feeling a little funky so I went out super early to get my errands done.
Good thing.. because by last night I was running a small fever and feeling bad.  
Today,  while I am feeling somewhat better.  Just doing a lot
 A LOT of coughing,  I'm planning to take it easy and just hang out with these guys.
 


 
Hope that you all have an awesome weekend.
 
 



Comments

  1. Hello there!
    I am also on the couch having a lazy morning...
    I love reading about your week.
    (Minus the sick part...Praying you are on the mend soon.)
    Love your Mardi Gras! I would love to hear about those Cheesecake bars. We didn't do a King Cake this year either, as Valentines Day was the next day.
    I love the way you spent Valentine's Day...Chinese and the Olympics...sounds like our week too!
    Have a good, cozy weekend.
    Always enjoy visiting with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon! Looking forward to Daytona tomorrow:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure hope you are just getting a cold and NOT the flu. I've just recovered from the flu.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a nice day and are feeling lots better! Your living room is so warm and inviting. Charlotte is so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just getting over a cold here too - uggg - love your living room! Feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Leslie,

    I just came from visiting Karen at Over the Backyard Fence because I wanted to say hello. LOVE your blog! I do hope that you will be getting over that nasty cold soon. My hubby actually had it. While he is doing much better at this point he still has a cough. I'm happy to now be your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many down with colds and flu...hoping you feel better soon...love your living room !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Owww your sweet dogs !!..so lovely Charlotte look....hope you recover soon...love from me Ria x ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you are feeling better! No fun being sick.
    Those pups are so adorable!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope all is well there now! Love your fur buddies!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts