Marching along


I know that you all are with me when I say....
(even if it did come in like a lion) Hooray it's March!!!
I am so happy to be another month closer to nice weather.

We waved February goodbye with a lot of coughing but finally ( hopefully) all of those yucky germs are out of here!!!  That was one nasty sickness that knocked both Paul and I out for days.

March 2nd was the 15th anniversary of my mom's passing.   I was just 31 when I lost my mother and she was my last direct relative outside of Paul and the girls.   Still,  all these years later,  my heart still aches with the need to talk to her and share stories.  

March 2nd ( and 3rd) also brought the wind of a nor'easter through Maryland.   The wind was so strong that it lifted and tossed pieces of our house trim and roof shingles all over the place.  


Crazy right!!!!   It was a little scary that night.  Parts of the roof are down to bare wood and oddly enough,  that little canvas awning that we installed over the front door last autumn....  NEVER MOVED.  It's literally only velcro'ed to the frame and it's still perfectly in place.
 Yesterday I finally got around to giving the awning an awesome amazon review. 

We spent the last few days booking contractors and cleaning up the mess from the storm.   As of now there is a big tarp to help protect the roof from the rain that is expected tonight and tomorrow.  Keep your fingers crossed that it works.  : )
                                                     
                                                ***

 Inside of the house is a major contrast to the weather outside.

I cleaned and reset the dining room for spring and Easter.
 
I'm ready!!!
And I've been craving shades of purple. 
I thought about our ( just budding) lilac bushes outside and suddenly,  I wanted lilacs NOW.
 
 
So, I cheated and bought some fake ones at Joanne Fabric.
I also was taken by these little bundles of wild flowers that I saw and thought that they would be cute laying on the table at each place setting.
 

 
I tied them up with some lavender ribbon and rested them on these adorable bunny plates.




 
 
 
 

***
 
I have plenty of other projects going on but I think I've "talked" to much already.
 
I will leave you with this easy recipe that my Aunt send me through facebook.    I had never cooked cube steak before and it looked like something that Paul would like.   It was pretty good..  basically an easy version of Salisbury steak.
 
 

Ingredients:
6 cube steaks
1 medium onion peeled and sliced into rings
1 can cream of chicken soup...

1 can cream of celery soup
1 packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1/2 soup can of water



 

Ingredients
6 cube steaks
1 medium onion peeled and sliced into rings
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1/2 soup can of water
salt and pepper
Instructions:

Peel, slice and separate the rings of one medium sized onion.
Salt and pepper each cube steak.
Place 2 cube steaks in the bottom of your crock-pot.
Top with onions and repeat. Separating each addition of meat with onions. This will help separate them later and avoid them being one melded mass of cube steak.
In a separate bowl, add the cream of soups and water and mix it up. Pour the soup mixture over the meat..
Sprinkle the onion soup mix on top, put the lid on the crock-pot and turn it on low.
Soon your kitchen will start to smell delicious and 6-7 hours later you will have a dinner! Add a side of mashed potatoes to help enjoy the gravy.


http://easyrecipesly.com

Comments

  1. I use faux flowers too! I don't buy real ones because I am afraid my kitties will eat them. Your Spring decor is so pretty and made me smile. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sending a hug for you as your remember your momma.
    I know the ache that comes when a parent passes.
    Your inside home looks lovely and festive!
    And the outside weathered the storm like a real trooper!
    Thank you for the recipe!
    Looks great.
    I will miss decorating this year.
    Planning on moving Easter weekend!
    I hope the Easter Bunny finds us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your storm damage. It's snowing here now-ugh. The recipe sounds nice and easy and it's been years since I've had cube steak. Stay dry:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to see your spring decor! I've been away, so I'm just now getting my Valentine's decor put away. Yes, I'm a little behind. Hope you guys stay safe today, sounds like the weather isn't letting up yet out there.

    I lost my mom 18 years ago and think of her every day. Hugs to you, Leslie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had that wind too here in western Md.
    I really like your table!
    Looking forward to warmer weather but I do like the cold clear sunny days of winter too.
    My mom died this past August so it hasn't even been a year yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of allo... your dining room is so pretty! Spring will soon be here - your flowers (fake or not) look beautiful - and give us hope!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sure sympathize with you missing your Mom so much. She would be so proud of you. Your table setting is so gorgeous. Glad you two are feeling better. I dislike winter and here in GA, we are seeing signs of spring. Yay! Hope your weekend is going smoothly. xo Mildred

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO sorry for the wind damage and thankful you will be getting it fixed. Love the flowers, I am ready for Spring:) Thanks for sharing the recipe. I will certainly save it, love cooking crock-pot meals. Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Roof damage is never fun! Hopefully it can be taken care of by insurance.
    Glad you guys are feeling better--no fun being sick.
    your decorations are so adorable! Need to get on the stick in that
    department.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts