A Trip to the Zoo

 
 
 
Last week(ish)  my friend Karen text me something like this,
"Hey.. The weather looks good,  would you want to go to the zoo with me tomorrow ?"
 
  I've been to the zoo countless times...
many of those times with Karen and a bus load of loud catholic school kids.
  ( remember,  we met when our 27 year olds were in Kindergarten together)
 
Of course I text her back..
"heck yes!"
 
This time,  I was just two moms.
No agenda.
No kids.
 
 
 
We strolled, laughed, enjoyed the animals, and snickered at those parents who were battling with their small children.  ( Been there - Done that!)
Oh yeah..   remember those days of being pulled in a thousand different directions by a tiny hungry person who has to pee every 5 seconds?
We remember.  Which is why this Zoo trip was very relaxing and just a little bit weird.

 
I think the polar bear and the lions were on vacation because we didn't see them.
But we did get to see Willow.
Baltimore's own baby Giraffe.


 
This guy right here...
Relatable!!
 how I feel most days!

 
Literally, This has got to be the cutest, most kissable Ass that I've ever laid eyes on!!!!
 



 
The penguins seemed to be enjoying the beautiful day.


 
I set my pedometer to track our steps.
We took 12,000 -  that's 6 miles worth of laughing.
 and eating...
because many of those steps were back and forth to the food court!
 
 
Of course,  things get a little wild when mom's go to the zoo unsupervised!


 
Such a beautiful day with a beautiful friend.
 
💛
 
Wishing you all a wonderfully wild day!
 

Comments

  1. Oh how fun that you two had a day together. Love the photos of the animals. That is a lot of steps for one day! Hope you have a great day, Leslie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love visiting zoos. Especially with no children anymore. Been there, done that and I laughed reading your post because I so remember those days. We often go to our Detroit Zoo, but have been several times to the Toledo Zoo and once to the Kansas City Zoo when there. Glad you had a wonderful time at the Baltimore one! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day! My husband's company had an employee picnic at the zoo last year, and we went just the two of us. No more kids here. I'd forgotten how much fun it was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great day:@)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely way to spend the day with your friend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leuk! We all need such days. Love the flamingo's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a Nice trip.....enjoy your post have a Nice week love Ria x ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to spend time with a friend.
    Looks like the day was gorgeous!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts