Girl date at the National Harbor

 
 
 
 
Last week I went on a girl date with my great friend Karen.
 While we had our ladies night all planned out..
 
Things don't always work out as planned.




 
 
We booked a room at the Gaylord in the National Harbor.
 The National Harbor is in Maryland but just down the river from DC.
 
 
 The hotel is beautiful and HUGE.
You don't even need to leave the courtyard inside.
While our original room was great,  there were issues with a very noisy air conditioner so we were upgraded to a better room on the 17th floor.
 
 
One of the first things on our to-do list was to attend Tea time at Trump International hotel in DC.
We decided that taking the water taxi would be more fun and while we were waiting for our boat to DC we were informed that the boat broke down...
So we altered our destination and took another boat across the river to Alexandria Va.
 
 
There's a very charming little town in Alexandria called Old Town.
It's perfect for local shopping and dining. 
 
 
Those shoes (above) are crazy right?
You can't see it,  but the price tag reads $64.99!
I thought about splurging..  
  Because who wouldn't want a pair of purple heels with a Christmas ball glued on. 
 
Karen and I walked, browsed, and walked, tested many appetizers, and walked some more before we made our way back to the Harbor area.
 
Meanwhile,  I forgot to mention.
When we checked into the hotel I realized that the Texas hotel charges that were charged to my bank account that morning were not from the Gaylord.
In fact, my brand new bank card that I had just activated the day before had over $500 worth of fraudulent activity.  
 Needless to say,  I was a little stressed out.
 
FYI:  The only place I had registered my new card was my Booking.com app..  
I am convinced that the fraud came from that site. 
 
Thankfully Karen kept me laughing as usual and we still had a great time.
 
Neither one of us drink much,  but we did order a round of Tiramisu Martini's with our delicious pizza. 
 
 
And as promised,  we rode the giant Ferris wheel after dinner.

 
Party animals that we are...
We were back in our room and tucked in our comfy beds by 11pm.

 
As I was stressing about getting in touch with my bank, We came home a little earlier than planned.    And although we had to make some changes to our girl date,  I had the best time.  I love my time with Karen.
 
 
When I got home I still hadn't heard from our bank so I drove over to the local branch to handle things in person.   I had to file some reimbursement paperwork and cancel the card ~  everything is back to normal now.
I'm wondering if they will ever find the loser who booked the 2 night stay in a Texas Marriot hotel in my name. 
 
That was a week ago and I've been home tackling house projects since I got back.  I'll show you what fun I've been up to in the next post.
 
Hope that you all are well and enjoying some beautiful spring weather.
 
xo
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

  1. Well, in spite of all of the problems... looks like you girlies had a great time! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have had a Great time together...enjoy your weekend have fun love Ria x 💜

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about that card. That sucks.
    But...I really enjoyed sharing your girl time with you and your friend.
    It looked so fun!
    Friend time is the best!
    Have a cozy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun time with Karen. Sorry about the CC fraud though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not fun...glad that you got things taken care of.
    Sounds like you had fun though despite it all.

    Friends are so good to have in our lives.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts