Charlotte's first ride

Look who finally got out on the paddleboard!!
 
I love this photo of Charlotte's face as she takes it all in!


 
 
Sally and her friend Dylan joined us for an afternoon of fun on the water.
Let me tell you,  packing the Jeep up to go is an adventure all of it's own.
I'm exhausted by the time I get everything loaded .
 
I drove us to a launch that was a little farther of a drive but closer to the small island, 
Once in the water,  all that we had to do was cut across the inlet. 
When I am by myself I don't mind taking the long trip from my normal launch area but when the kids come along in the kayak I am leery of crossing..  especially this time of year when there are more boaters out.     I wouldn't even attempt it on a weekend. 
 
Boaters think that they own the water..  they do!
Once a guy on a huge boat cussed at me for paddling where he wanted to be.
He tried to cause a huge a wake and knock me ( and Darla ) off of the paddleboard.
I thanked him by not giving him the pleasure of me falling.
Not only did I not fall off...  but I also stayed standing all the while giving him the finger.
 
Anyway...
At first Charlotte was very confused. 
 So many sights, smells and sounds to stimulate her senses, 
she hadn't even seen water ( outside of the bathtub) before.
 After 2 successful dives off of the board,
( that's where the handle on the pup life vest comes in very handy)
  I had to make the trip across sitting down with Charlotte sitting on my lap.

Once we got over to the beach and she got a feel for the sand and water..
It was party time!!
She played, dug, swam, and practiced standing on the board.


She looks like a professional.





Of course she loved playing with Sally and Dylan.

 
I still sat with Charlotte on the ride home and she was much more relaxed.
Plus, she was tired out from all of the playing at the beach.
 
I think she's going to like it!!
 
 
Sally took this photo of us as we were heading back to the pier.
 
 
Charlotte slept like a rock the whole rest of the evening.
Snoring and moving her little feet and I wondered if she was dreaming of swimming.
 
I know that I was.
 
  *
 
I hope that you enjoyed sharing in Charlottes first ride,  I can't wait to get her out again.
 
May your Wednesday and the rest of the week be filled with blessing.
 
 
 
 

Comments

  1. Owwww this is so Nice to see....enjoy summer ...love Ria x 💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun for both of you! Paddling does tucker you right out. :) That's too bad about the ornery boater. Glad you stayed on!!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun post!
    Love the pics of Charlotte.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and refreshing way to spend the day! I know that Charlotte will be ready to go again:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That boater should have been arrested. How scary. I knew Charlotte would be able to do it. Very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I told Paul about it he was ready to go out hunting for that guy. He was moving to fast for me to see the name of the boat - bc I would have reported it to the dnr

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a fun day (Except for the boater) and glad Charlotte did so well on her first ride.
    We enjoy kayaking and go to places where there are very few or no boats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a great day and lots of fun. That is a tad frightening about that boater! WOW! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how cool! I'm so glad she liked it, I know it's something you'll enjoy doing together:@)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts