Happy father's day! That recipe is in here somewhere..


 Happy Sunday Friends.
I hope that you all are having a great Father's Day weekend.
 
It's been a nice few days here.
It finally feels like June ~  which makes me happy!!
 
In between inside chores,  Paul and I have spent the majority of these gorgeous days outside. 
He's an outside person anyway.
Coop him up inside and he goes crazy!
 
 
Guess what..  I finally took the Easter carrot garland down.
I ran into the Dollar General to buy a broom ...
and of course I came out with bags full of other things.
 
One being this paper tassel garland that they had for 2.00.

 
I know that sometimes Paul is like...
"what the heck is this crap!?!"
 
Seriously,  have you seen my porch lately?
 
 
It's insane.
But...  I guarantee that as soon as you would enter the front door, 
 it would bring a smile to your face.
 
It's just happy.
And isn't that what is most important in life.
 
And speaking of happy.
I went to the thrift store in search of a trifle bowl
and I found both the bowl and some adorable Pottery Barn bird dishes.
 
 
Aren't they sweet?
Of course I gave them to my oldest daughter who is a future crazy bird lady. 

 
 And now to that Hawaiian Dream Trifle that I made the other day.
 
 
If you like coconut -  You will love this simple dessert!!!!
unfortunately I liked it a little too much.
Sooo delicious!!!!

 
Find the full recipe here
 
Last but not least,   Happy Fathers day to all of the awesome dad's out there.
 
These are my two dads ( both in Heaven now)
The one on the left is my real dad,  and my step dad to the right.
Two very different men who did the best that they knew how...
And I loved them both very much.

 
As for today,  I'm about to make Paul a cheesecake.
We're just hanging out,  going to have an awesome dinner and then I am going to gather my supplies for tomorrow - my first paddle boarding trip of the summer.
Sally and Dylan are bringing the kayak
and I am bringing along Miss Charlotte for her first adventure.
ohhhh boy!  : )

xo
Have a great new week!!!

Comments

  1. Lovin' your new snazzy tassel garland! The trifle sounds really good and speaking of good... Good luck with Mizzy C tomorrow:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stayed inside today. Too hot. Love your garland! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your garland!
    Love your porch!
    Love your love of holidays too!
    Have fun tomorrow.
    And you were a beautiful bride.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, your porch is a happy place. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love homes that put a smile on my face when I enter them! And as long as your decor makes you happy, that's all that counts. Love those Pottery Barn dishes that you found.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts