Sunny day hodge podge

Yeah,  guess what?
The sun came out and we had a beautiful day!!
I don't know about you,  but after days weeks of grey rainy skies I can't function.
Yesterday I literally stayed in my pajamas all day long.
( Deja vu')
Today,  while the sun was shining through the windows I felt the urge to hang out in the kitchen.
I got a few chores done and made my new favorite drink.  
  ( I'm trying to cut back on my diet coke addiction)



Mint Lemonade.

I've got more mint in my garden that I know what to do with!


I sweeten it just a little and it's so good.
weird thing..   I love lemonade and I love unsweetened tea,
  and I hate lemon iced tea.
Make sense out of that!!


I'm also crazy about my grown up gummy bears ...
I've been taking these for about 6 months and who knows if they work, 
 but I haven't been sick since I started taking them.    And I was sick 4 times last year.


Sunshine,  mint lemonade and my vitamins..
I was ready for the day!

I finished my laundry, finished the repair project that I had promised a friend and halfway groomed a Golden retriever before I got to spend a little time prepping dinner and tweaking the kitchen décor..
it's kind of a hodge podge of everything.

The shelf above the sink has a vegetable theme. 
My favorite cousin gave me the scale months ago,  the carrots are left over from my Easter décor, and all of the dishes were thrift store finds.   I love when it's time to break out the corn plate ~  I don't know what it is about it,  but I really love to use it.
I know I have more vegetable themed stuff around here somewhere.. just can't seem to find it.


I found the patriotic table cloth at a store called Tuesday Morning.
I haven't used a table cloth in so long..  I thought it would be a nice change.

Of course it looks a little out of place with the green curtains and the easter carrot garland that is still hanging above the table.
I want to take it down and then I don't want to take it down.
I can't make up my mind.
 
Welcome to my indecisive life.


And.....




I let it cook all day in the pumpkin dutch oven and the house smelled amazing.

I use this pot several times a week and it has made cooking dinner such a breeze.
I just chuck what I want in there, cover and simmer for a few hours and it's falling apart.



It was as good as it looks.

This beautiful day was invigorating and I was able to get a lot of things done. 

Tomorrow it's supposed to be grey and cloudy AGAIN....

I have my weight watchers meeting, a girlfriend breakfast date at IHOP  IHOB (whatever..still getting pancakes)  and then I am planning to head out to find a decent pair of walking shoes.
Since princess Charlotte decided to have my old pair for dessert.

It's late..
So happy Wednesday to you all!!

Comments

  1. It is always nice when things get accomplished.
    Yesterday was so warm and muggy,I just had no
    mojo for nuthn'. Today was better.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again.
    Just got caught up on past posts.
    Not sure where time has gone.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sauce looks great! Enjoy the nice days when we get 'em:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tea looks delicious and that sauce smells divine! Your kitchen always motivates me to clean mine! Everything looks so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sauce looks delicious. Sounds like great weather there, it's finally warming up here, and sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you got a lot done today.
    I have a scale just like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmmmm....that sauce looks delicious....mmmmmm...like your pumpkin pan....love from me Ria x 💜

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had some mint iced tea today. Your sauce looks really yummy! Janice

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts