This post has gone to the dogs!

 
 
Update on this boy.
He's a sweetie.
But y'all know that.
 
His vet appointment went well.   We didn't do the x-rays yet,  the vet wants to try an anti-inflammatory and some joint supplements first.
 
If we don't see an improvement during the length of the prescription,   she will take a look at his hips to rule out hip dysplasia.    
Meanwhile,  she also wants him to drop from 115 lbs to 105.
 
This should be tough. 
He has a face that just says..
cookie?

 
His dad bought him a new toy...    so he was a happy boy.

 
This is now what our morning and evening rituals look like ..
 
Sharky's  antibiotics and anxiety pills.
( which he only gets when a thunderstorm is looming -or fireworks)
 
Stanley's joint supplement and anti-inflammatory.
 
And Charlottes snack.
 
 

 
And let me tell you about this Goober and why he is on antibiotics.
Since the groomers will no longer trim him because of his anxiety issues,
( he poops all over the place)
I've been neglecting his coat.
Remember that I was a dog groomer for over 10 years..  but that was long ago,
  and nowadays it kills my back.
Anyway,  I finally started to trim him the other day.
Of course, he hates the clippers so I have to hand scissor.
I got halfway through the "prebath" trim and as I was trimming the hair from the bottom of his back foot , suddenly a stream of blood and puss squirted from his paw.
I knew I didn't..  but my first thought was,  did I cut him?
I felt terrible!!
 
Turns out that he had an abscess and I squeezed it while holding on to his paw. 
It must have felt good to relieve the pressure  (pop it), 
because he let me stand him in a hot bath to drain and clean it. 
Gross,  I know!
  I couldn't look at it so I just kept my lips on that big nose and gave him kisses the whole time.
He definitely has the most kissable nose of the whole bunch.  
 
Today is his 3rd day on antibiotics and I am happy to say that his foot looks great!!
 
He's such a sweet old man!
And don't worry,  his hair grows fast -  he won't look this dorky for very long. 

 
And why are the dogs all wet you wonder?
Because god forbid that I try to water my flowers without those two retrievers attacking the hose.
 
and that dirty floor that Stanley is laying on ( top photos)..
I just waxed it hours before.
Just saying.
 
These dogs...
They make a mess.
They're high maintenance.
They shed.
They stink.
They fight.
They're expensive.
They are under my feet all day.
They hog up the bed.
 
And most of all,  they are loved.
xo
 
 
 
Thanks for thinking about Stanley.
aka - Paul hates when I call him this - Black Betty.
Keep your fingers crossed that it's not his hips.
 
 Thanks for visiting.
Have a great Saturday!!!
 
Bonus photo:
This is one angry looking bird!!
 
Hahaha.
 
This is what Pearl looks like after his mother gives him a bath.
 
 

Comments

  1. Owwww love your sweet dogs...happy weekend love Ria x 💜

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just too funny.
    Hope all are feeling better soon.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts