Stanley update

 
 It's mid august..  time when the locusts hum is louder than the robins and the pumpkin plants have taken over my little garden.
It's also time when I get into that seasonal limbo..   When Pinterest is exploding with Autumn colors and my friends start sharing Fall and Halloween themed things on my social media....
 and the urge to switch the summer plaids for deep oranges is stronger than my morning coffee. 
 
 
As you can see,  my mega pumpkin plant is growing like crazy!!!
I've never seen anything like it.
 
Can you see my baby pumpkin?
Seems that the punk ass squirrels liked it,  because today, as I went out to take a progress picture...  it was missing.
completely gone!
 
Goodbye little pumpkin. 
I had big dreams for you.
 
 

 And then there is this little boy to keep me busy.
I have to keep a close eye on him at all times. 
Not that it's hard,  he barely lets me out of his sight anyway.
 
 
Stanley's visit with the surgeon was quite surprising.
The good news is that his hips are perfect.
The bad news is that does in fact have a torn ACL..
In both knees!

 
At the end of the month he will have his first surgery ~  it's called TPLO and it's not terribly uncommon.   The doctor will basically cut and adjust the bone around his knee and attach a steel rod for added support.   Recovery takes about 2 months.  That's 2 months of no stairs and no rough playing.   In December he will have the other knee done and then he will start puppy rehab.
The surgeon say's that by spring,  Stanley should be back to 95% and will be able to run and play like a normal 2 year old.
I can't wait! 
 
 
See you all soon.
I hope that you are enjoying August!!!
 

 
  
 


Comments

  1. Yep.
    Same here!
    I am having a terrible time waiting to pack up my red, white, and blue and getting out the orange.
    Hugs and love for your puppy!
    Have a cozy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O no!...poor Stanley.....i hope he Will recover so he can run and play again...love from me Ria x ☀️☀️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only do I want to see fall colors... I want fall temperatures too! All I can say about the pumpkin is, I feel your pain. The critters are brutal, at least he ate the whole thing, mine usually just have bites in them... Wishing your pup a very speedy recovery:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The squirrels are very busy over here now...getting ready for Winter. Never knew of a squirrel to take a pumpkin though. Hope Stanley's surgeries go well. He is a sweet pup! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope Stanley is running around very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The squirrels and I have a love hate relationship.
    I hate the disasters they create and they love driving me CRAZY!!!

    Hope Stanley is up and at 'em soon!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope Stanley is as good as new soon! Squirrels can be a pain, they and raccoons can cause a lot of trouble, as well as deer. Shame on those punk ass squirrels in your garden. Have a good rest of the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog was absolutely fantastic!
    Great deal of great information & this can be useful some or maybe the other way.
    Keep updating your blog,anticipating to get more detailed contents thanks for sharing.
    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts