Fall Decor in the diningroom

 
Hello Fall(ish).
🍂
It happened. 
 I couldn't keep my itching hands from digging into the boxes of Fall decorations.
 
Do you know what's funny?
As much as I love decorating for the seasons,
When I first pull the stuff out I am a bit overwhelmed and I don't know where to start.
 
Since the Dining room is the easiest room to clean,
I started there.
 



 
While I was giving the room a good Fall cleaning,
washed curtains, dusted, cleaned ceiling webs, floor...
I also made a few "regular" changes. 
Remember the Christmas Tree Farm picture that I bought at Kirkland's a while back?
While I still love it,  I had a different idea for the wall above the buffet.

 
I took the picture down,  filled in some nail holes and touched up the wall before I hung this old screen .  
  The screen, I believe, was the original front door screen to this house.
 
 
Below the screen I hung the old hoe that my girlfriend had given me many years ago.
 
The bunting is from Kirlands.
Love love love that store!
 
 
And as if it was meant to be,
I found these cute brand new black and white checked pumpkins at the thrift store.
 
 
One thing about me,  as you already can tell..
As much as I like farmhouse style, 
 I hate white, on top of white, 0n top of white.
  I require color and lots of it!


 
Note:  Dog food dish is not part of the fall tablescape.

 
 
 
 
It's cute,  and not too much.
 
Yet.
 
 
 
but 
Halloween
is
coming!

 
Wishing you all a great new week.
 
Stanley is getting his staples out this afternoon
 and hopefully that will give me a little more freedom to come and go.  
 I've been cooped up with him all week and I can't wait to head out to check out the new fall/halloween retail.
 
 

Linking up with my friend Jan @ Have a Daily cup of mrs. Olson
and her fabulous weekly party,
 
 


Comments

  1. What a beautiful fall decorations...happy week love Ria 🍄🍂💛🧡🍁🌾

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your fur baby is coming along. Love the fall decorating.

    Enjoy, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! The cooler temps sure help everyone get into the mood for fall decorating:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking Fallish...is that a word. :-) With cooler temps this weekend, I started a bit of Fall decorating myself. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok!
    We need to be neighbors!
    I LOVE your fall decorations!
    LOVE!
    And...I cannot wait to break out the Halloween!!!
    Have a cozy evening, my friend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those pumpkins!
    Haven't gotten the itch to get the fall stuff out yet.
    Soon though.

    Hope all goes well for Stanley.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your fall decor...the screen is adorable...everything looking good.
    So glad your Stanley is doing good.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your fall decor has inspired me! I love that pumpkin stacked on the pitcher!
    It is time to pull out the crates:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it, so festive and fun! And I totally agree with you, love the country look but not a fan of white on white. Welcome fall!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog was absolutely fantastic!
    Great deal of great information & this can be useful some or maybe the other way.
    Keep updating your blog,anticipating to get more detailed contents thanks for sharing.
    ā¸Ģā¸™ัā¸‡ā¸­ā¸­ā¸™āš„ā¸Ĩā¸™์

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts