Ode to Sunflowers and the man that they remind me of

 
 
Well..  hello!
It's been a while.
 
I hope that everyone..
if there is anyone left out there,
Is doing well. 
 
 
Life has been good here. 
  Paul and I have been enjoying summer and taking some fun road trips.
Last week we spent some time in the Tennessee Smoky Mountains. 
Beautiful!!!
 
We've also been getting a lot of work done around this old house.
We recently had new windows installed and they are amazing.
I had no idea how much light we were missing.   
 
....  and they actually open without having to pry the wood with a screw driver.
How cool is that!!!!
 
\

I decided a few weeks ago that I was going to try to start blogging again.
Lucky..  it's almost my favorite time of year.
Fall gets my mojo going.
 
Sunflower season is one of my favorites too. 
I don't know anyone who doesn't love happy sunflowers.
 
There are plenty of cheerful Sunflowers in the living room and dining room.
 
 
 
They even grace this weeks pages of my planner .
I will have to tell you about my planner addiction on another post.
Love it!!!
 
I used the sunflower spread this week because they remind me of my late father in law who passed 14 years ago on Wednesday.


 
There hasn't been a day in all of these years that I haven't thought about and missed him.
Although people tried to diminish the relationship we had... 
Nobody could ever erase the love and kindness that he showed me.
 
Not only am I grateful for the amazing son that he raised and the wonderful grandfather that he was to my daughters,
But I am so grateful that God brought him into my life when I needed a father.
 
I am grateful for all of the fillet o'fish meals we shared together at my kitchen table.
The rides he gave me to the store before I had a drivers license.
The $20 loans until payday.
The singing and jamming out to old country music in my living room while we painted together.
The words of love that he spoke of and the stories that he shared with me.
The handy man skills that he taught me.
The care packages that he delivered.
The way he made fun of my pronunciation of saaawsage.
 
And although he knew that I loved him, 
I am eternally grateful that I got the chance to tell him that one last time.  
 
This post is for you Grandpop!


 
 
Oh.. and guess what?
 
 
 
How about that!!!
 
Although I am struggling with menopause fun and weight gain...
I am pretty darn proud of myself!  : )
 
There are so many other things to share.. 
but I will leave them for another post. 
 
 
Hope that you all are doing great and I will see you around the blog block very soon.
 
xo.
 
 

Comments

  1. Yay!!!!!
    So very happy you jumped back in!
    You have been missed, my sweet friend.
    Beautiful post to honor your late father-in-law.
    Special people like he are with us long after they are gone.
    Congratulations on the 10 months!!!
    And you already know I am right there with you on the menopause crap.
    And Happy almost fall!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see you back! I love all the sunflower decor. Your father-in-law sounds like a special man indeed. How wonderful for both of you that you had such a good relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are back!!! Your father in law sounded like a great person!! Love sunflowers too!!!
    Congrats on the no smoking. Menopause is not FUN!!!
    Looking forward to your posts. Enjoy the day, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunflowers are one of my favorite flowers! So cheerful and pretty. Congrats on the no smoking, that is wonderful. It's hard missing those parents who have passed on (actually lost my dad to cancer 15 years ago this month)..but what lovely memories you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I think everyone loves sunflowers, such happy flower.
    Congratulations on the 10 months of no smoking. One of the best things you can for yourself!!
    I had a very special father in law too, plus a step dad and my daddy too.
    Glad to see you back posting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Leslie, I am so excited to see your post. Think of you
    often and wonder if we will see you again. YEA!!

    Love, love sunflowers.
    Your memories are quite special, hold on to those tightly.

    Congrats on your 10 months!!
    Glad you are back, friend.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sunflowers are gorgeous and love what they remind you of...such sweet words about him. Congrats on getting healthier!! Welcome back to blogland. It is a fun place to visit, isn't it? 😉

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved hearing about your father-in-love. I almost picked up a bouquet of sunflowers yesterday.

    Oh, menopause! I think my family feels like they are living in a morgue. Megan has already broken out her heating blanket. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sunflowers are my happy flower. The Smokies are awesome! Congrats on stopping smoking. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sunflowers are so pretty. Your Father In Law sounds like he was a wonderful person. Such nice memories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back!!....10 months Yeah !...you did it !!....so glad for you....happy weekend love Zria 💕💕💕

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back to blogging, I love sun flowers too!
    A beautiful tribute to your Father-in-law,
    Have a great weekend.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts