Top 10 of Summer 2019

Even though there are still a few good weeks left of summer,
I thought that I would celebrate Labor Day(ish) with a post of my top 10 favorite summer moments.
 
1.
Our summer started with crabs and Paul's birthday.
Since then we've had crabs at least 10 times this summer and they never get old.
 
I really like this picture of us...  almost 30 years later. 
 
 
2.
Paul and I having a great time at the Poconos's Nascar race.
I can't believe that we've never been there before now.

3.
Shark week!
You know that I love shark week.

 
4.
Strawberry picking with Paul.  
I go to a Nascar race with him.. 
he goes strawberry picking with me.
That's how we roll.
 5.
A girlfriends night of wine drinking at the vineyard.
 
 
6.
The new downstairs flooring.
PS,  I installed it all on my own.
It's the vinyl stuff that you just peal and stick.
But doesn't it look sooo nice!
 
 7.
Our visits with Grandmom.
Paul's mom is suffering with Dementia and  has been in a assistant living facility for almost a year now.   The home is about 1.5 hrs from our house, so we only get up there several times a month. 
I miss her in so many ways.
 
 
8.
Beautiful summer days on the water.
We've been blessed with some beautiful days and we've used as many of them that time would allow.
we've used the paddleboards more this year than we have over the past few.
 
 
9.
Paul and My recent trip to Tennessee.
We spent a few days near Norris Lake and another in Gatlinburg.
... and I loooooved Gatlinburg!!!
 
 
10.
I saved my favorite Favorite for last.
A sunrise paddle boarding with Sally.
Part of the fun was the adventure..
We left the house at 3;30 am and had to sneak past the gate at the county beach in the pitch black of night.   It was pretty creepy.   By the time we got out boards on the water the sky was a faint shade of grey.  We wore our head lamps as we paddled out in the silence of the darkness and waited for the suns natural fireworks.
It was an incredible experience. 
 
 
We've had a blessed and awesome summer!!
 
What was your favorite part of summer?
 
 
 

 

Comments

  1. Great post! The floors look awesome. I want to put that in my house but I have very bad ceramic tile that needs to come up. My entire house... it will be quite an ordeal to rip it all out. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a busy and fun summer.
    This summer we have just enjoyed being around home and working around our property.
    Our son David came for a visit and that was a special time too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts