The dining room and Flag project

 Say what!!
3 posts in the same month?
Same season? 
Holy Wow!

You know,  I just have a lot of time on my hands lately. 
I'm sure you can relate. 
: )

If it weren't for this crappy laptop and even crappier wifi connection..
I would probably be here more.
 
I started blogging back in 2004 and you all have been inside of this house more than some of my family members.     I've been looking back of some of my decorating photos... sheeeesh.
I did some crazy stuff to this house.
 
Once,  I hot glued lace underneath of my kitchen cabinets and thought it was a great idea. 
 
One thing is certain..
no matter how awful the color choice or décor idea was,
  this house has been loved!
 
Once upon a time the dining room had neon beer signs, speakers and pool sticks hanging on the walls.
I remember the first 2 or 3 years of marriage I nagged Paul to take the pool table to the basement so we could have a real dining room.
   He always said that dining rooms are a waste of space.
Kinda..  but not. 
I can't tell you the amount of puzzles that I've pieced together on this table in the past month. 
 
But there were also many birthday parties,  family filled dinners,  craft and paint nights,  homework assignments,  game nights and lots of beer and coffee drinking around that table.
 
It is definitely one of my favorite spaces in this house.
 
 
 Do you see the after and before photos of my wall art.
That's the project that I wanted to share.
 
If you remember,  we found that old screen on a high storage shelf in the garage a few years ago.
we believe its' from the original (1940's) front door.
 
While I liked it the way it was, 
I also wanted to add a little pop of color to it.
 
I've been stuck inside for too long..
I NEED COLOR.

 
Before I go any farther,  I gotta say...
Yes,  it's mid afternoon and I am wearing my pajama's while getting crafty.

Another perk of the quarantine.
 

 
Paul gave me one of his older flags and I stapled it to the back of the screen frame. 
You can't tell by the photos,  but the screen is tattered, stained and green in some areas which really gives the project the perfect aged effect.

 
I used the left over pieces as part of my table runner.

 
The flag along with the stolen lilacs in multicolored pitchers give the room the perfect amount of  happy color.
 
 And it smells good too.  :
 
 
 
But wait...
I got the old pictures out.. 
 
The pool table.
 

This one from the mid 90's..   it's so bad.
Yellow and burgundy walls.
A partial ceiling wallpaper border.
Black accent furniture.
Chair covers that not only didn't match but were way to big for the little chairs that we had.
And that table..   I was the OG of plank tables since I built that one from scratch.
 
As horrible as it was..   I loved it.

 
The quality of these pictures is terrible,  but you get the idea.
 
This  one was only 10 years ago..
I was learning and getting into a grove.

 
Fast forward 10 years and I've found myself.
I know exactly what I like.
 
 
The evolution...
Just wait until you see the kitchen and living room.
 haha.
 
 
As you read this..  I will probably be in the living room,  striping the room down to the bare essentials.  It is hole patching and sanding day.   And Wednesday,  I have recruited my girls to help me repaint the room. 
 
I'm very excited about this..  because in May the living room is getting a major makeover.
The old ugly drop ceiling is coming down and a new wood beam ceiling is going up.

It's going to look amazing!!!!

 
Okay..  I've chatted your ears off already.
Hope that you enjoyed my terrors of decorating.  haha
 
Stay Safe.
Stay Home.
Stay You.
 
xo



Comments

  1. I love your dining room. It looks cozy and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your project with the flag!
    Staying in pajamas is just something I cannot do. I have to get up and get dressed right away. :) I go for my walk the very first thing each morning.
    Nice to look back and see some of the changes we make in the house over the years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am on my way to see that beautiful room in person!
    Oh. Wait.
    Nevermind.
    Some day!!!!!
    Love it!
    P.S. Jammies on here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie all I can say is WOW. Such a transformation from a billiard room to an actual dining room. Love how you incorporated our flag into the mix and it certainly does make the room POP. Great job! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your posts!!

    It is fun to look back in time. love the changes you made in your dining room.
    The screen project is great.

    Can't wait to wee what you are up to next.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you, your house is so well loved. From all the pictures of your decorating over the years, I can tell that it is a happy house. Can't wait to see what you do with the living room. Nice to see you in Blogland again:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a transformation in your dining room! The wood ceiling will be gorgeous! I have to say, I do love your flag project as well! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! I love your dining room. Can't wait to see how the living room turns out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts