yay!! The Living room is painted

Hello Beautiful bloggers.
 
I hope that you all are healthy and finding peace during this quarantine.
I am over it. 
I can't wait to get back to my lunch dates, thrift stores and everyday life.
 
We haven't had many sunny days here in Baltimore.
Grey and wet days really get to me after a while..
( I could never live in the pacific northwest)
so yesterday I created my own version of Sunshine.
 
 When life throws you gloomy days,  you make a rainbow!
 
 
It was so tall and beautiful..
and because I only had one cake pan,
it took me forever make. 
 
We shared that giant slice between 3 of us.
 
 
okay.. house time.
 
Last week I started working on the living room makeover checklist.
 
1. Strip the room and clean everything
2. fill the holes
3. sand the walls
4. Paint the walls
5. The fun part  -  put room together again.
 
This is an after patching and sanding photo.
 
That was one ugly color!
why didn't y'all tell me?
 
 
I ordered paint from Sherwin Williams and picked the color from the internet.
 curbside pickup is the shit!!!
 
The color is called silverpointe and when I first opened it,  it wasn't the color that I had pictured.  I was going for a green grey and this is more of a blue grey.
 
 
But once I finished a few walls I was incredibly happy for the brighter color. 
It's perfect. 
 
When I put the room back together,  changed some of the wall dรฉcor and I switched coffee tables.
I stole this old trunk from the porch so that I could use the other table as an end table.

 
I knew that it would be a perfect fit in between our new recliners.
Which I love btw.
 
( the cars on the ledge are  Paul's toys from when he was a kid)




 
So far things are coming together perfectly and  I love it!! 
I don't want to overload you with to many photos just yet..
The wood for the new ceiling is scheduled to be delivered later this week and you know that once it is installed I will be posting tons!!!  
 
 

It's time for me to unpause the television and get to watching my show.
Vanderpump Rules - tonight Beau is proposing to Stassi.  : )
 
I hope that you all are having a great week.
Praying that this virus fades away and we can all get back to living our best lives.
 
Stay safe.
xo
L
 


Comments

  1. Wow that is some colorful and huge cake. Bet it tastes delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good and love that cake. How pretty! Bet it tasted great too! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well what a beautiful cake! I never had luck with tiers, I usually do bundts, or 9x12. Or I have to do lots of fixing! LOL I love how the lighter paint came out. I am getting the itch to change colors too! But hubby is talking me out of it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that cake is amazing!
    I sure wish I enjoyed painting like you do.
    Everything looks great!

    Can't wait to see what you are up to next.

    BE safe.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cake is beautiful!!...๐Ÿ’š❤️๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿงก Your living room too....please stay safe too....love from me Ria ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ™

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a pretty cake! It should be called a Patience Cake. We have brownies in house, with peanut butter swirl and peanut butter/buttercream frosting, and they are calling my name. I love the new paint, it's amazing, the difference. We had very similar paint in our living room, it was called warm tea with milk, or coffee with cream, or something like that. Our color now is a soft blue-tinted gray, and it makes a world of difference. (I love Sherwin Williams!)
    Della

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts