May : )

 
Hey Y'all!!
I figured that I better update before another month passes.
Yikes.
 
I've been busy.
I can't wait to show you all what's been going on.
 
I put up the new ceiling!!!
 
It started with removing all of the ceiling tiles from the grids.
If you've ever done this than you already know how gross it is.
 
There was years worth of dust, dirt and my favorite...  mouse droppings.
( and it was all in my hair)
 
💙


 
Once all of the tiles were down and the room scrubbed it was time to start hanging the planks.
 
We were supposed to have a crew come and do this...
but I couldn't wait!!
Plus,  I watched the installation video so many times that I knew exactly what to do.

 
The planks are tongue and groove and attach to the existing metal grid.
The first few boards were painful on my arms, neck and shoulders but once I got the hang of it, installing them became easier.
 
My face!! haha
 
Paul isn't at all phased by my "home improvements",
He is used to it by now.
He just lets me do what I do and helps when I ask for it.

 
I was sweating and aching and loving every minute of it.
 

 
Because, look at it....
it's amazing already!
 
And I did it!!

 
This is the state of the room now. 
I still have to finish that last piece and trim it all out.
I'll need Paul's help for that.
 
 
 
 
Other May quarantine fun...
A social distant Paddle boarding date with Charlotte.
 
 
It was a beautiful day.. 
but the water was COLD!! 

 
There was a birthday!!!
Paul celebrated 58 years.
 
 
 
 
 
We've been grilling.
A Lot.

 
There have been Bonfires and relaxing on the patio.
 
 
Patriotic dollhouse decorating.

 
And real house decorating.


 
Did you notice all of the 30's hanging around?

They are in honor of our 30th wedding anniversary next week.
Since we can't really travel or do much,  I have a few special things planned.
Like these matching shirts that I got for Paul and I . 
 
 
 
I'll share a post about what we do..  
 We'll probably just spend the day on the boat and end it with some wine and steamed crabs. 
 
Whatever...  just as long as we wear our corny shirts!!!
hahaha.
 
Wishing you all a great healthy June.
see you soon.
xoxo


Comments

  1. Great job on the ceiling. Good for you, I'm impressed!
    Happy Anniversary to little early! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear from you, and so much to love about this post! First, the ceiling looks fantastic. Second, I love all the pictures (especially the one of Paul sitting in the chair while you're wearing the goggles and putting up wood). Happy birthday, anniversary and summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girrrl, I tell you, you are a busy one. You ceiling looks great!

    Happy 3oth. A great milestone! Love the shirts too.

    As always the decor is fab!!

    Take care.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW that ceiling looks awesome, great JOB! Happy Anniversary next week and Happy Birthday Paul! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowww that celling...!!!....you did a great job...happy anniversary..and also for Paul ...love happy weekend Ria 💕🍀💕🍀💕

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts