Comfort

 
 
I don't know how I did it.. 
but I boiled the perfect batch of hard-boiled eggs.
Seriously..  
I somehow manage to mess them up every time and when I try to peel them,
  the shell sticks and takes half of the egg off with it.
 
These eggs however..  the shells just slid right off.
 
It's the simple pleasures that make me happy.
 
 
 
With those eggs and made myself some egg salad.
 
The kids laughed, as they thought I was joking about making a post about egg salad.
 
Nope.  I wasn't joking.
 
Because...  YUM!
 
My uncle Jeff used to make me egg salad when I was a kid because he knew that it was my favorite.
He would put celery and green pepper in his.
 
I like that... but my favorite is plain with salt, pepper and a little bit of light mayonnaise.
 
 
Slapped on a few slices of toast....
It the best!!!
( I follow weight watchers and the sandwich is only 3 points using 647 bread and light mayo)
 
 
 
 
I've been having a difficult time..   just as many of us are for many reasons.
There is so much sadness, sickness, hate and hypocrisy
and it has started to chip away at my sanity.
 
 I felt the need to go back to my grassroots
and surround myself with goodness that the world has to offer.
You guys.
It's like when you are not feeling well and you need your mama.
Doesn't matter how much time passes or how old I get, 
I will always miss the comfort of my mom.
 
So here I am again..
Posting random pictures of tiny aliens in pick up trucks and rejoicing in little things like the perfect egg salad sandwich.

 
 
Hope that you all have a great day.
I have a list of things to get done and then I plan to sit outside and paint something patriotic.
 
See you soon.
xo
 

 
 

Comments

  1. They are perfect. Have a blessed day.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pitty you don't know how you did it, as it happens to me too that te egg shell takes with it half of the egg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy day...enjoy love Ria 💕🍀

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!
    I am so happy you will be here. It is so cozy and comfortable here. And you, my friend, have so much to share. Please please please tell me how you did the eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a fan of egg salad!
    I heard that if the eggs are fresh it makes peeling harder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a fan either but am glad it makes you happy.
    Right now I think we hold on to those little things
    that bring us a boost. It is a crazy world and we have
    to take care of ourselves.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect boiled eggs, good memories and tiny aliens in a toy truck are what we need right now. I totally get it.

    I have an instant pot and the hard boiled eggs come out so perfectly that it's a joy to peel them as the shells practically fall off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems I have come back, reading here, to a sort of a beginning, here. When all the CRAP-O-LA going on, hit you hard. And you made a decision for yourself.

    Which I have done, recently. Said "Enough!!!!" Came "back home." To my own "Back Garden."

    Best for our Health and our Sanity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh and I crack hard boiled eggs. Then do what my husband does. Peel the shells off, with the insertion of a large spoon!!!!!! It's *Magic*!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts