Random Thursday ~ Pear Custard Bars

I
love
Amoooooorica!
 
 
Happy Thursday Friends!!
Can you believe that we are just one day away from the weekend already!
  Seriously.. where did this week go?
 
Here's what we have to look forward to over the new few days.
 
I'm hoping it will change so I can get some paddle boarding in.
This quarantine stuff has made me lack motivation and
I don't get nearly enough exercise anymore.
 
aka.  I'm lazy.
 
 
However,  I have motivation to chew.
Especially good stuff like these pear bars.
Oh my goodness.. 
I'm not supposed to have nuts and I gotta tell you,
the macadamia nut crust is to die for.
 
I copied the recipe below if you want to try them.
 
 
***
 
Attack of the killer bird!!!
 
Don't mind my yucky baseboards.
it's on my list of things to do.. 
and I only had 3 months to do them.
 
Can you see Pearl in the center of the rug?
He loves to venture out of his room and boss Charlotte around.
He chased her down the stairs and then marched back into his room doing his creepy bird laugh.
This house is definitely full of life.
 
For those of you who haven't met Pearl the dove..  
 He belongs to my oldest daughter who has had him since she was 7.  
  Pearl is old enough ( +1)  to buy booze now.
I think he's mad that we still won't let him drink and he takes his frustrations out on the pups.
: )
 

***
 
I'm off to go clean up the kitchen and switch the curtains.
Next week,  I think I will paint the kitchen walls,  I just haven't decided what color yet.
I keep leaning towards shades of light green.
 
Oh man,  I forgot to share it, but I recently gave the dollhouse kitchen a makeover
( I was getting desperate to makeover something) and it is adorable.
I'll have to post about it next time.
 
Have a great night.
xo
 
The Pear Custard Bar recipe is below !
 
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2/3 cup chopped macadamia nuts
  • TOPPING:
  • 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) pear halves, drained
  • 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup plus 1/2 teaspoon sugar, divided
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions

  • Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and 1/3 cup sugar until light and fluffy; beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in nuts.
  • Press into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake until light brown, about 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Increase oven setting to 375°.
  • Cut pears into 1/8-in. slices; blot dry. Beat cream cheese until smooth; beat in 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla. Beat in egg just until blended. Spread over crust. Arrange pears in a single layer over top. Mix remaining and cinnamon; sprinkle over pears.
  • Bake until center is almost set, 28-30 minutes (filling will firm upon cooling). Cool 45 minutes on a wire rack. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours before cutting.

Comments

  1. Pear bars? They sound amazing. Sorry about your lack of nuts...they're my fave.
    I need to know more about Pearl; she sounds amazing!
    I do hope your weekend is nice and not as wet as it sounds!! *cheers*!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was searching for loan to sort out my bills& debts, then i saw comments about Blank ATM Credit Card that can be hacked to withdraw money from any ATM machines around you . I doubted thus but decided to give it a try by contacting { cyberhackingcompany@gmail.com} they responded with their guidelines on how the card works. I was assured that the card can withdraw $5,000 instant per day & was credited with$50,000,000.00 so i requested for one & paid the delivery fee to obtain the card, after 24 hours later, i was shock to see the UPS agent in my resident with a parcel{card} i signed and went back inside and confirmed the card work's after the agent left. This is no doubts because i have the card & has made used of the card. This hackers are USA based hackers set out to help people with financial freedom!! Contact these email if you wants to get rich with this Via: cyberhackingcompany@gmail.com ..    

      Delete
  2. I did see Pearl walking down the hallway. :)
    A light green sounds nice for your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okaaaaay, I think I am all caught up. Somehow I got behind.
    Everything looks festive, looking forward to seeing the dollhouse.
    The pear bars looks delish. Pearl sounds hilarious. I'm sure the
    pups are not impressed though.

    Have a super weekend!!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh what a forecast!!!! -sigh-

    Hehhhh... I see people who have sparkling homes, due to being cooped up inside. But me, I guess I didn't get the memo. My-house-is-not-sparkling. -grin-

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts