The kitchen is painted

 
Good morning friends.
Happy Wednesday.
 
I just finished with a WW zoom meeting..
I needed it,  I've been slacking in the tracking.
This week I'm going to do better.
 
Stanley say's good morning too.
actually that's his - Are you ever going to feed me face.
 
Can't you tell,  the poor dog is starving. 
 
 
Yesterday I spent the day with some of the true loves of my life..
Stanley, a few cans of paint and a roller. 
 
At first I was a little intimidated by the new bright color.
 

But having finished it,  I absolutely love it!
 
And it looks so good with red!
 
 


 
While we're in here,  I wanna show you my grandma's cow collection.
My grandma Jean passed away 18 years ago and I inherited her awesome collection.
She and I are so much alike..  and I am honored to have pieces of her in my kitchen.
 
I can't remember what I did last week,
 but I can remember the exact places that grandma's cows rested in her kitchen pasture.
 
This little guy is a pitcher, but I normally use it for a vase.

 
A funky milk carton cookie jar.

 
 
 
This little cookie jar's (below) name is humpty because it's been dropped and glued back together again.
oops!
 
Also,  that's the toaster that inspired the color makeover.
 
 

 
I know,  that's a giant water bowl!!!
 
I have a bunch of these cow canisters that are part of a staggered set.
 
and a tiny jar of runts.
We all know that the banana's are the best ones.



And last but not least..  My favorite!!
It's a 3 section canister set that I keep on top of the refrigerator to keep safe.
 
 
Needless to say,  my love of cows is in my genes.
 
***
 
The Robins
 
 
Last week I put one of our security camera's underneath of our deck to watch a busy Robin's nest. 
Guys..  I am hooked!!!
The best thing that I did was trade social media for the "live" animal kingdom that is happening in my back yard. 
 
I hope that you can view these...
they are so sweet.
 
 
 
I've been watching the 2 babies grow all week..
and this morning ~  the camera is gone!!!
no signal.  nothing.
 
Flew the coop!
 
This morning I am having withdrawals.
 
I'm hoping that it was knocked behind the perch that I had it sitting on,
but I'm afraid to climb under there and check..
The last time I got near the nest, I scared 3 babies and Paul had to run around collecting them and putting them back in their nest.  haha.
 
 
 
Hope that you all are doing great.
Have a fantastic day!
xo

Comments

  1. I say this all the time when you paint...I wish I had your love for painting.
    We would have a lot more updates if I loved painting like you.

    Your makeover looks fab!

    Now you need to rest.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new color is great!!!!!!! And it's amazing that you did it yourself.

    Now I'm beginning to see, that you have Red, White and Blue all over!!!! Not just the porch. Super!!!!

    I really love that 3 piece set on the refrigerator! Look at that face! Look at those eyes! Look at that smile! Love it.

    YOur video doesn't work for me, but it's probably the fault of my old, old, old computer. I'm sure they were so cute. Sorry your cam got lost. Hope it's fine, when found.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new kitchen color; what is the color name?
    Cows are adorable and I love that you have your grandmas.
    I can't see the video, but I agree that nature is much more fun than other stuff right now. Actually, nature is more fun always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kitchen looks great...beautiful color...happy week love Ria 💕🍀💕

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a wonderful collection of memories and pretty cow pieces. That color is one of my favorites. I painted my pool house that same color:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color of your kitchen!! It's so fresh and pretty and great with the red. How nice to have your grandma's cow collection:) We had a nest of baby robins on our porch one summer, and I was so sad the day they all left. Empty nests are the hardest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kitchen looks nice! My mother worked at Michigan Milk Producers and she had quite a collection of cow stuff too! I only have a couple of creamers that were really old. The rest went to other family members or Goodwill!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts