The penny backspash and other projects from the week

 

Hi Friends!!
Happy Thursday!
 
Oh boy.. it appears that Blogger has switched me to the new format.
Hope this goes well. 
 
This week sure did fly by.
Luckily it wasn't one of those weeks where I can't remember doing anything productive.
I started and finished a few blog worthy projects this week.
 
#1.  I made a funky new wreath for the front door and decorated the front for Sharkweek.
 
 


 
 
 
Someone suggested that I add some swimming dolls to the wreath.
Genius!!!!

 
 #2.  I finished the Shark diamond art.

 
 #3.  I painted and gave our tiny bathroom a makeover.
 


 
Is it weird to show photos of one's bathroom on the blog?
 
Do you believe that this old house,  where we raised two daughters,  only has one bathroom!!!
True.

 
This picture belonged to my mother in law and it is one of my most favorite things.

 
 
#4.  The penny project.
 
This was one of those things that I have always wanted to do but never felt brave enough to do it.
 
A penny backsplash.


Do not tell the treasury department..
evidently there's a shortage of coins.
oops.  my bad.

Here's how it went..
 
I bought a new medal backsplash plate.
Glued pennies haphazardly over the top of it.
 
 
Then I had some fun getting my hands dirty covering it all with grout.


 
Once the grout was cleaned and dry I added multiple coats of varnish to help keep everything in place.
 

 
And since I was replacing the backspash,  I ordered a new much needed oven hood to complete the project.
 
This morning the guy came to hang it all and here it is...
 
 
I love it.
 
Here is a before and after.

 
Huge difference right ?
 
 I was a little unsure about the copper and stainless combination,
 but WOW it really pops and gives the room so much more character.
 
I've also finished a few paintings,  recipes and Netflix series and countless Sudoku puzzles.
It's been a good week!
 
*
I just switched back to old blogger.
I just can not figure out how to add and arrange photos in the new interface.
I will practice before the next post.
*
 
I hope that you all have had a productive week as well.
Stay healthy and cool.
 

Comments

  1. You crack me up with your love of Shark Week. You might be the only person....well, you and Mike Tyson. Have you seen the commercials? They're hilarious.
    I love your backsplash idea;very clever and brave of you. But, it came out well. You do know the government has now got your number though...all those pennies, they're gonna cost you! HA.
    I grew up in a home with one bathroom. It was never an issue that I recall, but now? Now, I want my own.HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great bathroom picture of bath time.
    I'm using the new blogger. I find it pretty easy to use. Doesn't seem to be better just different!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your bathroom looks really cute! We raised 2 kids in a house with only 1 bathroom too! I do love the penny backsplash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute as usual.
    The backsplash is awesome!
    I had enough trouble approving a comment in the new blogger can't imagine what will
    give me a problem next.

    Have a great evening.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts