It's Mardi Gras

Happy Mardi Gras Friends!!

These "Mini Holidays" are sneaking up on me.
I didn't have any Fat Tuesday plans until yesterday.
And...  
I still don't have a king cake! 

I'm heading back to the dentist this morning and once I finish up there I am going on a king cake hunt.



I woke up and immediately started digging through my holiday drawers.
No.. not like the day of the week drawers that I used to wear
but the buffet drawers that are organized by seasons.

Keeping my top on.. 
I started flinging beads onto the branches on the sun porch.

Done. 
Decorated. 




Did you notice that I changed the porch and the branches?

It's beginning to look like Spring!!


Normally I would have taken the branches down
 but the girls suggested that since we love the cherry blossoms in DC
 but have no plans to visit them anytime soon
 that I make a cherry blossom tree on the porch.    

So,  there I was..
hot gluing tiny cherry blossom pedals and leaves to branches, my fingers,  the table top...

I switched the lights to a softer twinkle light and added the lanterns
 ( that have hung out there forever)

It's not really my thing.. 
but it's growing on me. 


I love them so much more in the Fall


And at Christmas time


And Valentines day.


Spring is not really my favorite decorating season.


Spring cleaning is fun though..
and I can't wait until we can open windows and give this old house a good cleaning!

okay,  I'm dragging my feet.
I need to get ready for my dentist appointment.
I don't wanna go!

Have a great day 
Happy Mardi gras. 

Get them beads!











 

Comments

  1. I hope your appointment goes well! I just LOVE the branches -- they remind me of my college apartment when I put some on the wall that had golden aspen leaves and I shellacked them so they'd last all year. And your dollhouse!! It looks so cute. I want a peek inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mardi Gras! Sad to say I don't have a single Mardi Gras decoration. Beads - oh I have thousands but no real decorations to speak of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mardi Gras and Fat Tuesday! We eat Paczkis up here in Michigan. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you did with the cherry blossoms. Such a beautiful color and love the pink, white, and blue quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! All these holidays are sneaking up!
    Hope your appt went well.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope all goes well with your dentist.
    I LOVE your porch area. Is that what you call it? Closed in porch? Back in the day, we called it a Florida room which is weird because all of our rooms are Florida rooms. LOL Anyhoo...I LOVE the branches, lights and even the cherry blossoms. It's such a sweet girly room.
    Happy Mardi Gras!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all that spring colors in your home...love from me Ria 🍀🍀🍀

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts