A little spring decorating and my Lent challenges

 

Spring has sprung in the kitchen.

But Oh my goodness... it is so cold outside right now!



Do you know those moments when suddenly your house feels like it should be
 featured on an episode of hoarders or clean house?
Yesterday it could have seemed fine and today the same space feels like a filthy mess...
That's how I've been feeling.


I just can't get the house clean enough.

I really just want to strip the rooms down and do some serious spring cleaning.
Not yet.  But soon.

Yesterday morning I put 2500 steps on my fitbit in an hour as I set and reset the dining room table.
I could not make up my mind and I hated everything.

I settled for a tablecloth, runner and a colorful box of tulips.



Simple.


Besides me driving my family crazy with my constant need to change, decorate and clean things,
  I've been working hard on my Lenten Challenges.

Although the flubber around my middle doesn't appear any different,   
(I'm still searching for my waist)
I have been exercising everyday and staying within a healthy range of WW Points.
For 17 days straight I have done squats, crunches and no fast food.
17 days..  and I am 6 pounds lighter.
Yay!!   I'm excited. 
There's still 23 days left of honest food tracking and exercising.


Another one of my Lenten challenges is a daily bible passage reading challenge, 
  which also contributes to one of my 50th birthday goals  ~  to read the entire bible.




I can't remember If I showed you the new bible that I got last summer.
Its the New King James Version and there is plenty of room for journaling or doodling.
I love it. 


***

 I am off to feed the furry and feathered kids.


Hope that you all have a great weekend!!!
xo








Comments

  1. Good morning! I love the festive spring dining table. I also love your Lenten challenge. Good for you! My Lenten challenge is being off of Facebook until Easter. I started on Ash Wednesday and have only used the messenger part of Facebook. No scrolling and I am finding that I get a lot more done and hardly miss it all! I am watching my calorie intake as well and trying to lose a few pounds, so you are an inspiration! I also love your Bible and Bible journaling. I have been reading the New Testament of the Amplified Bible and am just about finished with that and then I plan to go on to the Old Testament. Reading scripture is always a worthy goal! I will be back to visit again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave up facebook for a month last year and it was great. I was hooked on browsing social media ~ Now it's unusual for me to spend more than 5 or 10 minutes on there. It is amazing how much more time you have without it! And also, don't you mentally feel better not seeing some of the stuff and opinions posted ~ It's been great for me soul. That's awesome that you're almost finished with the new testament. Sometimes I will play an audio version on Youtube and read along.

      Delete
  2. That is a beautiful bible! Your table looks lovely. Very simple with those beautiful tulips. 28 years ago this week I gave up smoking for Lent. I haven't given up anything since! I figured that would do me for a lifetime!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great thing to give up!!! I quit smoking a little over 2 years ago ~ however, I cheated some in 2020 but I'm "better" now. lol.

      Delete
  3. Your table looks nice and springy. We were in the same mood with the cleaning!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm driving myself crazy with it. hahaha. Wish I was in the same walking mood as you!

      Delete
  4. I love your new bible; how fun!
    You always decorate so nicely....when I do it, it pales in comparison.
    6lbs is a LOT; bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ty ty!! I can't wait to lose another 6! : )

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts