Happy March

Seventeen years ago on another Tuesday March 2nd,  my world changed forever. 

My mom left this world.

The loss of my mother was and remains one of the hardest moments of my life.

6209 days that I've missed her. 


***

Hi Friends.
I hope that you are all well.
Can you hear me whispering from around the corner.. 
"Sorry I haven't been reading the blogs."
Seriously.  I miss you guys.

But guess what..  I've been doing stuff.
And not just sit around in my pajama pants stuff.  

Okay.. so once this week we did something that required real pants.

LUNCH DATE!!!!


Yay..  We went out to lunch last week and it felt awesome to get out.
This was only our 2nd time since the start of covid.

I don't know about you all.. but I'm ready to move to Florida!!


Don't get me wrong.. I still fear the virus but I've decided to no longer let it rule me.
I'm making plans.

These feet have not had a pedicure in a year!!!!

 I need a REAL haircut by a professional.

These nubby fingernail days are numbered.

The new tattoo that Sally and I were gonna get last spring..   We're getting them.

Church.  I'm going to sit in the pew.

More Lunch dates ~  they're happening!

Vacation?  Well...
I doubt that I'll be able to talk the husband into flying anytime soon.

***

Speaking of the husband..  
Have I ever told you that he hates St Patricks day?

Obviously, he's not Irish!

The only decorations that I put up are on the porch.
I only have a few.



Do you see that granny square knitted pillow?
It is one of my favorite possessions. 
It was my grandma's and it reminds me of vanilla ice cream and the Love Boat.

***

Here's what I've been reading.

I finished When We Believed In Mermaids and I really liked it..
up until that last few chapters.

The ending seemed a little rushed to me.



Right now I am halfway through our March book club read,  The Four Winds.


Wow!  It's depressing as all hell.
( It takes place during the depression era)
But it's really good and It makes you appreciate the blessings we have in life.


***

If you look outside of the window,  it looks to be a beautiful very sunny day.
I went out this morning to feed the animals and it's FREEZING!

I wanted to get some walking or hiking in today..  
I may just have to hike around the Hobby Lobby.

Hope that you all have a great day and Happy March!!!!

Comments

  1. ן know what you mean by the loss of your mother.
    When my Mom left this world I felt like a falling leaf - not belonging to the tree anymore, not yet on the earth. I felt not belonging, with no direction and no hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs for your heart, my dear friend. Are we the same person or what? My hair is a hot mess, although a bit healthier since I haven't been frying it with bleach every six weeks! My feet need a pedicure! And I need a lunch date too. WOuld you believe I put on pants for the first time in ages too?!?! We went to the flower store to pick flowers for Peyton's wedding. And then because I felt crappy about how tight they felt, we went to Duncan to get a snack. I got iced coffee so that's not too bad, right? Hugs and love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh picking crabs - haven't done that in a very long time.
    I think we will be getting back to church this Sunday. FB services are nice but I sure miss sitting IN CHURCH!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey friend,
    Right there with you ... missing Mom. It is tough for sure.
    So many days that I wish she was still here. But glad that
    she isn't having to deal with the crud going on right now.

    We haven't eaten in a restaurant in a year but we do take out.
    Haircuts are a must and we are very careful. Church just started
    back with FB live still going too.

    Such a hard time. Hope your feeling better from your root canal.

    Take care, hope to see you soon,

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Losing our Mom, that pain, that hole in our heart it never goes away. Big hugs.

    Well, I think everyone ELSE has come to Florida. :) We're almost full. LOL. Really though, we are open and we are living our lives, commerce is happening. Lunch, dinner, beaches, stores. It's all happening. C'mon down.

    Who hates St. Patricks day? Now, I only know of one person. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts