tattoo time

Long before we turned 40 I promised an old friend that I would get a tattoo with her when we turned 40.  She had and bunch and I hadn't had any.
So, when I was 40 I finally did it.
I chose to get a quote one my foot that say's Some Day Soon  -  which is the title of my favorite KT  Tunstall song.    I'll try to link it in here somewhere.. it's a great feel good song!!



Afterward, I swore that I would never get another.

Two years ago my youngest daughter asked me to get a tattoo with her.
How could I get a tattoo with an ex-bestfriend and not with my daughter?
So...  I got this.

Obviously I'm what they call a basic .........
I went for some lavender sprigs and another quote.




It's kind of funny that I would get a quote that said Live A Little right before the year where we have done the least living.

I said that that was the last time.

And then came that time that I really wanted a cool ass shark tattoo.
Last spring Sally ( the youngest) and I were supposed to go get tattooed together again,  but covid happened.  
 She and I are the only ones in the family with tattoos. 

So after a few weeks of strict dieting and working out,  I treated myself
and we did it AGAIN.



Would you believe that I am not a big fan of tattoos.  Really I'm not!
But it's fun and I'll be 50 and what the heck!

And now..  I am really ready for Shark Week!!  ; )

Someday Soon by KT Tunstall


Hope that you all have a great weekend!!


Comments

  1. I'm new to your blog and and I love your decorating and your inspiration for life and most of all your love for God.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl! It's great to have you here. And isn't God great!! xo

      Delete
  2. I have one tattoo on my ankle that was my birthday present to myself...at the age of 50!!! I like 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tattoos! I have a rose tattoo on my ankle. It's actually a funny story that I'll think I'll do a post about sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool tattoos. I don't have any, but I really like that one on your arm. That is the kind of tattoos I would get. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are too stinking cute! I'm not a big fan of tattoos, but I applaud you for doing this. Basic? NOT SO MUCH. You are very special-NOT basic at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzer!!
    I have one and I would like another but keep remembering the pain.
    Ha!

    Maybe someday. ;)

    M : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts